4 GNX124 in a wheel well enclose?

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited May 2003 in Car Subwoofer Talk
I am installing 4 GNX124 Subs in my 1999 Mercury Sable Wagon. We are going to build up the trunk floor about 6 inches and do a fiberglass enclosure in the wheel well. I listen to a lot of HipHop/R&B and was wondering if there should be enough bottom to pound in a sealed enclosure or should I port it?
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited April 2003
    maybe youre going for the "4 subs looks cooler than 2" look, but if you're not -- then you can certainly do two MOMO 12's and dump 3 times the power on each as u would on each GNX and it'll probably sound a good deal better / louder.

and they'll be fine sealed.

also -- if u're real short on air space -- what about mounting the subs inverted and this lack of having to build the box around the basket allowing for u to build /shape the box in a manner that would let u squeeze more air space outa it, in addition to the lack of the displacement of hte sub(s). -- just a thought.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • b_knockwood
    b_knockwood Posts: 15
    edited April 2003
    Thanks for the info. I've decided to go sealed with 2 subs in 2 separate enclosures. Actually, I first considered getting 2 Momo 12's (my buddy has one and it pounds), but what changed my mind was the cost to power those suckers...lol. Since they only come in svc. I would've gotten 2 of em if they were dvc. My amp pushes out 400x2 at 2ohms RMS. I figured that 4 GNX124 subs run in stereo would be a good match for my amp.
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited May 2003
    JBL BP1200.1 --- at 2 ohms does 1200 watts rms... two momo 12's would slam off that... costs 260 bucks shipped to your door on ebay.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge