4 GNX124 in a wheel well enclose?

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,872
edited May 2003 in Car Subwoofer Talk
I am installing 4 GNX124 Subs in my 1999 Mercury Sable Wagon. We are going to build up the trunk floor about 6 inches and do a fiberglass enclosure in the wheel well. I listen to a lot of HipHop/R&B and was wondering if there should be enough bottom to pound in a sealed enclosure or should I port it?
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,183
    edited April 2003
    maybe youre going for the "4 subs looks cooler than 2" look, but if you're not -- then you can certainly do two MOMO 12's and dump 3 times the power on each as u would on each GNX and it'll probably sound a good deal better / louder.

and they'll be fine sealed.

also -- if u're real short on air space -- what about mounting the subs inverted and this lack of having to build the box around the basket allowing for u to build /shape the box in a manner that would let u squeeze more air space outa it, in addition to the lack of the displacement of hte sub(s). -- just a thought.
    "With your own attitude it is hard to survive here... But who gives a damn, we are here to change the world, and we dont need a password for that."
    - Anurag
  • b_knockwood
    b_knockwood Posts: 15
    edited April 2003
    Thanks for the info. I've decided to go sealed with 2 subs in 2 separate enclosures. Actually, I first considered getting 2 Momo 12's (my buddy has one and it pounds), but what changed my mind was the cost to power those suckers...lol. Since they only come in svc. I would've gotten 2 of em if they were dvc. My amp pushes out 400x2 at 2ohms RMS. I figured that 4 GNX124 subs run in stereo would be a good match for my amp.
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,183
    edited May 2003
    JBL BP1200.1 --- at 2 ohms does 1200 watts rms... two momo 12's would slam off that... costs 260 bucks shipped to your door on ebay.
    "With your own attitude it is hard to survive here... But who gives a damn, we are here to change the world, and we dont need a password for that."
    - Anurag