brrrrrrr

Ecin
Ecin Posts: 61
edited June 2008 in Car Subwoofer Talk
i don't know what's up with my system in some songs i get a brrrrrr sound in other songs they sound fine. I'm not talking about the car vibration or anything like that. I'm talking about the actual sound that the subwoofer is actually putting out. I have 2 500/1 jl audio and 2 sr124dvc they both are connecting it separately.

So basically on some songs it hits just fine ( not too loud :( ) but on other songs the bass is a long vibrating sound. When I hear the same song in a club or what not it doesn't sound that way. do i have to make it High pass and cut off a certain low frequency?
Post edited by Ecin on

Comments

• Ecin
    edited June 2008
    PS. they are both in sealed enclosures the exact same size that polk specified on their site.
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited June 2008
    Are you using mp3s?
  • BradimusMaximus
    BradimusMaximus Posts: 60
    edited June 2008
    If both subs are doing it and both subs are separately powered and hopefully in separate enclosures then I would think its an input related problem. Gain to high, very poor mp3 is plausible, bad RCA connections or cables.
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P980BT
    Alpine SPX-137R
    Alpine SPR-69LP
    Panasonic CY-PA4003U
    Kenwood KAC-X520
    Polk SR124
    :D
  • Ecin
    edited June 2008
    Airplay355 wrote: »
    Are you using mp3s?

yes i use mp3s, but i thnik i had this problem on a CD as well, don't remember. How should I rip mp3s? I'll check my RCA's as well I'm not sure I have good RCA's to the sub.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    edited June 2008
    There is no useful information in this thread to diagnose your problems at all.

Who did your install?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Jethro
    Jethro Posts: 28
    edited June 2008
    If this sound only happens at high volume, it is most likely clipping. Find a song that does it, and then turn it down a few notches while it's doing it to see if it stops.

Have you done any electrical system upgrades to your car?
    Friends don't let friends listen to Bose.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited June 2008
    ^^^ x2

Check your gains. If theyre set over halfway, theyre set too high and youre likely clipping your amp(s).
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • stipoy
    stipoy Posts: 2
    edited June 2008
    hi ecin, any luck with solving your problem? im actually experiencing the same thing. it seems that the really low notes are over-emphasized. i checked the size of my enclosure and it was 1.2 cu ft, where the recommended was .88, im not sure if it's the cause. let me know when you find a solution, let's compare notes :)
  • Ecin
    edited June 2008
    stipoy wrote: »
    hi ecin, any luck with solving your problem? im actually experiencing the same thing. it seems that the really low notes are over-emphasized. i checked the size of my enclosure and it was 1.2 cu ft, where the recommended was .88, im not sure if it's the cause. let me know when you find a solution, let's compare notes :)

Yep really low notes, especially. It doesn't happen @ home and i have a deep sounding onkyo subwoofer powered by onkyo receiver about 100w. Or my sister's car, or the stock harmon kardon i had before.

http://www.polkaudio.com/caraudio/subbox/subbox_plan.php?id=96&mesurements=standard I have 2 mdf 3/4" with those specs