How to replace tweeter in M3 II

Options
andrewc
andrewc Posts: 1
edited April 2003 in Troubleshooting
I got a replacement tweeter for my M3 II surround speaker. However, I must be brain dead because I can't for the life of me figure out how to open the M3 up. Can anyone give me step-by-step instructions to open up the M3 to replace a tweeter?

Thanks,
Andrew
Post edited by andrewc on

Comments

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Call or e-mail Ken directly...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • burdette
    burdette Posts: 1,194
    edited March 2003
    Options
    The M3 looks a lot like my M2s. My guess is that there are some holes on the back panels.. and at the bottom of those holes are some small phillips-head screws. You'll need a screwdriver with a long shaft and a relatively small head.

Slide it down into one of the holes and gently twist back and forth and just sort of "feel"... I bet you'll feel the screwdriver bite the screw. At that point, turn the screwdriver.. lefty loosey.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Hello,
    There is an instruction sheet on servicing the M3 speakers, if you'll give me your address or fax number at kswauger@polkaudio.com I can send or mail it to you.
    Regards, Ken