How to replace tweeter in M3 II

andrewcandrewc Posts: 1
edited April 2003 in Troubleshooting
I got a replacement tweeter for my M3 II surround speaker. However, I must be brain dead because I can't for the life of me figure out how to open the M3 up. Can anyone give me step-by-step instructions to open up the M3 to replace a tweeter?

Thanks,
Andrew
Post edited by andrewc on

Comments

• Tour2maTour2ma Old School Posts: 10,176
    edited March 2003
    Call or e-mail Ken directly...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
    "Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner
  • burdetteburdette Posts: 1,205
    edited March 2003
    The M3 looks a lot like my M2s. My guess is that there are some holes on the back panels.. and at the bottom of those holes are some small phillips-head screws. You'll need a screwdriver with a long shaft and a relatively small head.

Slide it down into one of the holes and gently twist back and forth and just sort of "feel"... I bet you'll feel the screwdriver bite the screw. At that point, turn the screwdriver.. lefty loosey.
    HT: Denon 1910, LG blu-ray, Def Tech ProCinema 100s, Stryke 12" sonosub.
    LR: Onkyo TX-84 (original owner), Aiwa AD-F850 (original owner), Philips TT (old school, 2nd owner), Philips CD (cheap-o), Monitor 5jr+ (original owner - actually, my wife is the original owner; she bought them new when we were dating - sealed the deal).
    Xbox 360/Wii/Kids: Old school huge Sony HD TV, Sherwood RD-6500, Philips DVD, pair Def Tech ProCinema 100.
  • KennethSwaugerKennethSwauger Moderator Posts: 6,846
    edited April 2003
    Hello,
    There is an instruction sheet on servicing the M3 speakers, if you'll give me your address or fax number at [email protected] I can send or mail it to you.
    Regards, Ken
    "They thought we were too loud, but shoot, I had four army blankets folded over my amp, and the volume level was on 2. I'm used to playin' on 10!" S.R.V.