PolkFest 08 ?

Comments

• sophie
    sophie Posts: 511
    edited February 2008
    well i just read this looking for a date but found none. i would love to go but don't think i will have the money.

Payton
    Polk monitor 10B's and 5 jr's
    Adcom gfa 5500 and HK/240
    Adcom gtp 400
    Adcom gcp 600
    MusicHall MMF 2.1 TT
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2008
    sophie wrote: »
    well i just read this looking for a date but found none. i would love to go but don't think i will have the money.

Payton

Drive! Siphon gas out of peoples tanks along the way...you'll make it.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited February 2008

Payton

no date has been set yet... give it time... as soon as one is firm.. i'm sure everyone will know about it. Payton how far away do you live from Baltimore, MD ?
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited February 2008

And Payton, who is Sophie? If you hadn't put your name in, I would have taken you for a woman.
    danger boy wrote: »
    no date has been set yet... give it time... as soon as one is firm.. i'm sure everyone will know about it. Payton how far away do you live from Baltimore, MD ?
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • sophie
    edited February 2008
    sophie is my dog. i created tis account when my mom was on a crazy "the internet is evil" rampage. and said i couldn't put anything about me on the internet. i was only 13 at the time and i did anything she told me to.

Payton
    Adcom gtp 400
    Adcom gcp 600
    MusicHall MMF 2.1 TT
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited February 2008
    Um, while we are waiting on the date, who came up with the idea of the first Polkfest? Was it Polk Corporation or a forum member?
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited February 2008
    forum member. Phuz I think, then Russman had one, 10 of us maybe showed up, then it went big after that
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited February 2008
    While we are waiting,,let's go back to Ted's,,if he'll have us.:D
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited February 2008
    sophie is my dog. i created tis account when my mom was on a crazy "the internet is evil" rampage. and said i couldn't put anything about me on the internet. i was only 13 at the time and i did anything she told me to.

Payton

If you want to change your user name, check with justin, the main moderator. Some members had their user names changed here. I dunno if payola was involved though...:p:D
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • sophie
    edited February 2008
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    If you want to change your user name, check with justin, the main moderator. Some members had their user names changed here. I dunno if payola was involved though...:p:D

i might do that when i am done procrastinating :p sorry i can't spell.

Payton
    Adcom gtp 400
    Adcom gcp 600
    MusicHall MMF 2.1 TT
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited February 2008

Payton

You should have listened to your mother.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited February 2008
    i might do that when i am done procrastinating :p

If you need help choosing a screen name, start a thread in the Clubhouse. Folks here would love to help you out. :p:D
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • sophie
    edited February 2008
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    If you need help choosing a screen name, start a thread in the Clubhouse. Folks here would love to help you out. :p:D

how many people will be banned for "helping" me? ok lets not push this off topic...i had to read 6 pages of off topic stuff thinking there was a date in there. i have school stuff to do tomorrow so i might make a thread Monday night.

Payton
    Adcom gtp 400
    Adcom gcp 600
    MusicHall MMF 2.1 TT
  • treitz3
    edited February 2008
    Of course I'm gonna ask this on a Friday after 5:00 [Great timing, I know :p]

Any word or rumor floating around on a date yet?
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited February 2008
    I was wondering the same thing
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited February 2008
    At least what month?
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited February 2008
    October.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited February 2008
    Are we gonna drink Octoberfest?
  • treitz3
    edited February 2008
    We can make it happen. Spaten Lauger Oktoberfest. They make it once a year. Two thumbs up here dude!!!
  • BaggedLancer
    edited February 2008
    I'll bring down some fresh Sam Adams Octoberfest...the brewery isn't too far away and I have a couple friends that work there. :D
  • bigyank
    bigyank Posts: 224
    edited February 2008
    I will bring some Victory Brewery then in October! :D

Yank
    Polk Monitor 7
    Polk Atrium 55
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited February 2008
    Do I gotta cue up the "Jeopardy" music to get date for this PF, DAMMIT!
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited February 2008
    I'm definitely making this one whenever it is

For those thinking on flying in to BWI, I'm not too far out from the airport, so I could be available to pick ya up and get you to your hotel. Keep that in mind as the Fest activities get set and you plan your travel.

John
    No excuses!
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited February 2008
    I hope it is not the 9, 10 or 11 because I will probably be out of the country.
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • Strong Bad
    edited February 2008
    I hope it is not the 9, 10 or 11 because I will probably be out of the country.

MillerLiteScott, International Man of Mystery!
    No excuses!
  • kab
    kab Posts: 275
    edited February 2008
    Ladies and Gentlemen, we are close to naming a date for the 08 Polkfest in Baltimore.

We will do Friday at the offices and Saturday at a nearby location.

Stay tuned. I expect to announce it within the week and will provide more details then.

Al
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    edited February 2008
    Most excellent news.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited February 2008
    I think I'm gonna head to this one.

Do I have to paint a V on my head and make lewd gestures to the crowd?
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2008
    obieone wrote: »
    Do I gotta cue up the "Jeopardy" music to get date for this PF, DAMMIT!

Suck it, Trebek.

Suck it long and suck it hard.

S. Connery
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Strong Bad
    edited February 2008
    kab wrote: »
    Ladies and Gentlemen, we are close to naming a date for the 08 Polkfest in Baltimore.

We will do Friday at the offices and Saturday at a nearby location.

Stay tuned. I expect to announce it within the week and will provide more details then.

Al

Sounds like a smashing sexy good time!

Giggidy Giddidy!

Quagmire
    No excuses!
This discussion has been closed.