PolkFest 08 ?

Options

Comments

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2007
    Options
    appadv wrote: »
    I understand Polkfest isn't about visiting a bunch of audio stores, but wouldn't it be fun to visit audio stores before/after Polkfest?

Sure....as long as it is not in NYC!
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited October 2007
    Options
    I need an aproximate date ASAP. I have to put in for my vacation in January & it's first come first serve. If I don't at least get it on the calendar, I won't be able to go.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,050
    edited October 2007
    Options
    I would not go to a Polkfest where there was a plan to go to an audio store --

Just saying
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Looking foward to next year at HQ and then down to Troy's for the year after.
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited October 2007
    Options
    I really don't care where or when the next polkfest is. I plan to finally make it to one and am already budgeting a plane ticket and hotel. The earlier you can let me know, the more I can save though - so pick the date and I am there. (I may try to drag Opus along with me, but not sure if the airline will let me take him as carry on. - The overhead bins will be tough, but I am pretty sure I can get him under the seat.)

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited October 2007
    Options
    To whom it may concern...

Please pick Michael up at the airport, he gets lost very easily.

Opus,

Please take Michael under your wing.

:D
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited October 2007
    Options
    I went to the HQ PF last time...

I`m in.

This time I owe the man a case of Napa`s finest

I forgot to bring it last time, and felt like a putz when he called me on it......not this time !!
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited October 2007
    Options
    **** i may just hit this one up and bring a real bottle of Absinthe to make things interesting.

:)

P
    Life without music would
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited October 2007
    Options
    I know we just had PF but I want the next one to hurry up and get here. I cant wait to tour headquarters and hopefully meet Matt.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited October 2007
    Options
    I've love to make it to one of these, I haven't heard many "high end" systems.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited October 2007
    Options
    And NO, i am not kidding (See attached. We have a office in the UK where people like me :) ). I would like to get a general idea on the month so i can start planning as well.

P
    Life without music would
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited October 2007
    Options
    McLoki wrote: »
    I really don't care where or when the next polkfest is. I plan to finally make it to one

So doesn't Chicagofest 07 count????? ;)

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Ok the challenge is being tossed out to all Canadians to make it to Polk Fest 2008 in Baltimore. Think about it. If you save $20 per week (some of you cut down on the coffee, smokes, booze or whatever) for one year and equates to $1040. No one is saying stop, just cut down if that will help save money. That amount will get you to Baltimore, hotel and team up and rent a car. I will be doing my best to make it from Yellowknife and I have a lot more distance to travel than you. It’s more than $20/week for me. The gauntlet has been thrown down folks! :)
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited October 2007
    Options
    HTrookie wrote: »
    So doesn't Chicagofest 07 count????? ;)

You win - it does count. It was quite close though and only one day. (for me anyway)

Mike - I don't get lost that easily - distracted maybe, but not lost... :)
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    edited October 2007
    Options
    I've gotta pick vacation in Feb., so advance notice would be appreciated.

Also, anyone on the Island who's thinking of attending can grab a ride with

me if they want, as I probably have to pass by almost everyone on my way

anyway. (unless you live east of me... unlikely ;) )
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Al, if you wanted warmer you should of come to Georgia, it was downright hot, of course once all the Yanks left the big Rebels in the Sky turned off the heat and humidity. Of course I like Baltimore, SC, and Georgia sites for fests, although I am thinking aTejas event somewhere maybe 0-10.......anyway, it is great to see the Fest's planned out for a long time to come.

RT1

Ted, you set the bar pretty high.. I'm not sure any other's could compare to your's. :)

in all seriousness, it's great that people are willing to open up their homes to host a gathering like these. I'm glad that it's also become a yearly event. I can't say for sure which is the next one I'll be able to attend, but I look forward to it already. :)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited October 2007
    Options
    still no love for a Polkfest out West huh? :confused: There's lots of parking available, no HUMIDITY, and lost of clean fresh air. Although I'm down with Polk HQ in 08.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,340
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Yeah, but where you are we'll have to unload the gear in rain.:p
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited October 2007
    Options
    shack wrote: »
    There is nothing I like about NYC. Been there 3 times...and each time has been a total PITA!

Let's hold it at the Westchester County Country Club, or Bill and Hilary's place in Chapaqua.
    Carl

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Face wrote: »
    If you go to Manhattan, avoid the subway and take cabs to get around. Also try to avoid traveling during rush hour, then it's not bad at all. The rest of the 5 boroughs aren't bad as long as you don't drive during rush hour. There's much worse places to drive or travel through, such as the DC/VA area. Thank goodness for the beltway.

I don't know there pal, the South Bronx and some areas of Flatbush are places to run through or move slowly in an Abrams tank.
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2007
    Options
    danger boy wrote: »
    still no love for a Polkfest out West huh? :confused: There's lots of parking available, no HUMIDITY, and lost of clean fresh air. Although I'm down with Polk HQ in 08.

Nah too many Liberals!:D :p
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited October 2007
    Options
    I don't know there pal, the South Bronx and some areas of Flatbush are places to run through or move slowly in an Abrams tank.
    Bah, I used to repo cars in those areas up to a few years ago. Then again, for most people you do have a point.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited October 2007
    Options
    I would give myself yankee screwdriver labotomy before I visit NYC again. Hell, after the 2008 Polkfest, I'll probably just commit suicide.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited October 2007
    Options
    You cowgirls! Brooklyn is only the center of the universe. Best pizza & calzones, best hotdogs, best baseball team, and on and on and on. Plus, the streets are numbered sequentially, unlike Queens, where 153rd Place is next to 75th Ave, in between 9th Boulevard, and the last two numbers of your house address is the street you live closest to. The place was laid out by drunk Chinamen.
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2007
    Options
    And NO, i am not kidding (See attached. We have a office in the UK where people like me :) ). I would like to get a general idea on the month so i can start planning as well.

P

That **** makes you hallucinate!!!;)
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited October 2007
    Options
    They don't call it "the city" for nothing.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited October 2007
    Options
    NYC, Brooklyn, etc aren't safe for us Boston residents..... :D
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2007
    Options
    They don't call it "the city" for nothing.

I came, I saw all the big buildings and people, ate the food and left. NYC is a good place to visit once, maybe twice...but after 3 times, I've had enough.

Y'all can have your "city" (all 9,000,000 ± of you).

If I want to hang out with 100,000 plus people in a square block, I'll go to a UT football game. Pizza....I can get all the cornbread and beans, country fried steak, biscuits and gravy, country ham AND sweet iced tea to sustain me right here in ET.

I'm sure many of you guys wouldn't like hangin' out here in East Tennesse with all us Hillbillies.

Ying and Yang...whatever...

NOT being exactly alike is a good thing. ;)
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • MKZ
    MKZ Posts: 1,068
    edited October 2007
    Options
    NYC, Brooklyn, etc aren't safe for us Boston residents..... :D

Unless you are Red Sox fan. :)
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited October 2007
    Options
    janmike wrote: »
    Ok the challenge is being tossed out to all Canadians to make it to Polk Fest 2008 in Baltimore. Think about it. If you save $20 per week (some of you cut down on the coffee, smokes, booze or whatever) for one year and equates to $1040. No one is saying stop, just cut down if that will help save money. That amount will get you to Baltimore, hotel and team up and rent a car. I will be doing my best to make it from Yellowknife and I have a lot more distance to travel than you. It’s more than $20/week for me. The gauntlet has been thrown down folks! :)

What Happened? Did all the Canadians get banned or are you guys justing hiding? Are ye Canadian or are ye other?
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
This discussion has been closed.