sub just quit working?

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited March 2003 in Car Subwoofer Talk
I always thought that when speakers blow they crakle and sound bad.all was well and sub was working fine, 15 min later i get back in the car and no boom,do subs just quit working when they blow?I wasn't giving it to much power so i don't think its blown.
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    edited March 2003
    Blown fuse?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited March 2003
    is the little red (or green or blue or whatever) power light on the amp "on" or "off" ??
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • NatasCore
    NatasCore Posts: 9
    edited March 2003
    fuse is good and light is on. i had a friend bring a cheap woofer over and it worked,so i guess my polk is blown, althoe its rated at 400watt speaker and i only had a 300watt alpine pushing it and i never let it distort,hopefully polk will make good with the warranty
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    edited March 2003
    Um, a blown speaker doesn't just quit working unless you tore off a voice coil lead. I doubt that happened. Are you sure that a speaker lead from the terminal cup to the speaker didn't just vibrate off? I'd go and take a look at the Polk again. Hook it up again, I think you might be surprised.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • NatasCore
    NatasCore Posts: 9
    edited March 2003
    yes i checked all connections and hooked it up several times! no go.so i figure i just got a bad speaker and i went and bought another one and got a 2 for 1 deal, i'll be real disappointed if polk doesn't honor there warranty