sub just quit working?

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,872
edited March 2003 in Car Subwoofer Talk
I always thought that when speakers blow they crakle and sound bad.all was well and sub was working fine, 15 min later i get back in the car and no boom,do subs just quit working when they blow?I wasn't giving it to much power so i don't think its blown.
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,279
    edited March 2003
    Blown fuse?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,183
    edited March 2003
    is the little red (or green or blue or whatever) power light on the amp "on" or "off" ??
    "With your own attitude it is hard to survive here... But who gives a damn, we are here to change the world, and we dont need a password for that."
    - Anurag
  • NatasCore
    NatasCore Posts: 9
    edited March 2003
    fuse is good and light is on. i had a friend bring a cheap woofer over and it worked,so i guess my polk is blown, althoe its rated at 400watt speaker and i only had a 300watt alpine pushing it and i never let it distort,hopefully polk will make good with the warranty
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,279
    edited March 2003
    Um, a blown speaker doesn't just quit working unless you tore off a voice coil lead. I doubt that happened. Are you sure that a speaker lead from the terminal cup to the speaker didn't just vibrate off? I'd go and take a look at the Polk again. Hook it up again, I think you might be surprised.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • NatasCore
    NatasCore Posts: 9
    edited March 2003
    yes i checked all connections and hooked it up several times! no go.so i figure i just got a bad speaker and i went and bought another one and got a 2 for 1 deal, i'll be real disappointed if polk doesn't honor there warranty