PolkFest 08 ?

Comments

• dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited January 2008
    Some way, some how I'm going to make the '08 Polk Fest. We might have to rent a mini-van and load up the IL polkies (load up .... as in the van ;) ).
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,564
    edited January 2008
    I'd have no problem hosting one at my place, I'm right in the middle of most you guys on the East cost.
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
  • bigyank
    bigyank Posts: 224
    edited January 2008
    I am just about an hour and 45 minutes away. Look forward to being there but I as many need to know when! :D

Yank
    Polk Monitor 7
    Polk Atrium 55
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited January 2008
    Fireman32 wrote: »
    Its about a 4 hour drive for me and 1/2 a tank of gas.
    I'll pitch in for gas if you want carpool. Hell, I'll even take a bath and put on some smellgood!
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited January 2008
    So.......any dates yet???[/QUOTE]

Looks like Doro's hooked-up already.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,050
    edited January 2008
    dkg999 wrote: »
    Some way, some how I'm going to make the '08 Polk Fest. We might have to rent a mini-van and load up the IL polkies (load up .... as in the van ;) ).

Yes, I'm making it to the event this year. I'm up for van-pooling.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • m00npie
    m00npie Posts: 697
    edited January 2008
    For those in the NY area, a Southwest roundtrip ticket is 108.00 from ISP to BWI with 14 days advance booking. It’s not the cheapest option considering car & room, but it is an option. The 37 minute flight sure is nice though.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited January 2008
    I'll be driving from Boston for this one.....
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited January 2008
    I certainly plan to be there, but I also need a date to plan for both work and home. If I can't make it, I have to re-Karma my adcom and I really want to avoid that.... :)

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited January 2008
    Any illinois polkies want to carpool or is it even worth not taking a plane? If we can split gas (and maybe driving and a hotel) we should make good time and minimize the cost. I have a big car so I can easily take 2 or 3 passengers with me.

Michael

Edit - just saw the rent a van \ semi comment above. I could be in for this as well depending on how many want to go.
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited January 2008
    lightman1 wrote: »
    I'll pitch in for gas if you want carpool. Hell, I'll even take a bath and put on some smellgood!

Sounds good to me.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2008
    dkg999 wrote: »

From the pictures I've seen you better get a semi!:D
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2008
    It's about 50 minutes drive from my house. I might be able to put up a Polkie or two. I better start buttering up Phyllisann starting today!
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited January 2008
    anyone want carpool from the west coast? :eek: :p
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2008
    danger boy wrote: »
    anyone want carpool from the west coast? :eek: :p

Charter a 100 seat jet!:D
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited January 2008
    I can take one person from Charlotte up and back, no more because I have a P/U truck. If anybody wants to make it here and hitch a ride, you are more than welcome.

Any word on the exact dates yet??? [I believe that's been asked before :p:D:D]
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited January 2008
    A date will be posted this week.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • treitz3
    edited January 2008
    ***dancing***
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited January 2008
    http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63145

Cool. Now I find myself checking here every 10 minutes to see if dates are posted. C'mon Mark, we don't need a whole lot of details just yet. DATES!!!!

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • heiney9
    edited January 2008
    Ricardo wrote: »
    http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63145

Cool. Now I find myself checking here every 10 minutes to see if dates are posted. C'mon Mark, we don't need a whole lot of details just yet. DATES!!!!

Ricardo the thread is closed, does that mean no PF '08? Probably means we don't have an opportunity to mess with the thread and take it so far off topic people get banned :D:p.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • treitz3
    edited January 2008
    The dude below keeps clogging up the threads and I don't know why? :p:D:p
  • heiney9
    edited January 2008
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Am I on some serious drugs that I don't know about? This forum seems to get screwier [is that a word?] with each passing moment.

F it. If there is going to be no Polkfest '08, I have the PERFECT location, accommodations and whatever necessary to hold the biggest, baddest PF in history. I can throw out a date tomorrow as well. ;):D

***waiting to delete this post upon further word or update***

I was joking I'm sure there is a PF '08 I just found it funny the thread was already closed. But I know it's so the kind of stuff we are posting right at this moment doesn't get the thread all clogged up. No one wants to read thru 5 pages of crap to figure out the details.
  • Lowell_M
    Lowell_M Posts: 1,660
    edited January 2008
    From the pictures I've seen you better get a semi!:D

Are you referring to our physical appearance or the 15 tons of gear that DKG999 has in his audio closet that he might want to bring?

You must have seen fall pictures. We have to get fattened up for the winters around here. Too damn cold.
    HT
    RTi70 mains
    CSi30 center
    RTi28 Rears
    Velodyne CHT-12
    H/K AVR-247
    ADCOM GFA-7000
    Samsung PN58B860
    Playstation 3

2-Channel
    Polk Audio LSi15's
    Rotel RCD-1072
    Nakamichi CA-5 Pre
    ADCOM GFA-555
    Signal Cable Analog II IC's
    Signal Ultra Bi-Wire Speaker Cables
  • Lowell_M
    edited January 2008
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Yes, I'm making it to the event this year. I'm up for van-pooling.

I'll try to make it. My calender is getting really packed really quick. Keep me in ming for the car pool though.
    HT
    RTi70 mains
    CSi30 center
    RTi28 Rears
    Velodyne CHT-12
    H/K AVR-247
    ADCOM GFA-7000
    Samsung PN58B860
    Playstation 3

2-Channel
    Polk Audio LSi15's
    Rotel RCD-1072
    Nakamichi CA-5 Pre
    ADCOM GFA-555
  • heiney9
    edited January 2008
    a_mattison wrote: »
    I'll try to make it. My calender is getting really packed really quick. Keep me in ming for the car pool though.

Priorities.........unpack the calendar :p
  • dkg999
    edited January 2008
    Are you referring to our physical appearance or the 15 tons of gear that DKG999 has in his audio closet that he might want to bring?

You must have seen fall pictures. We have to get fattened up for the winters around here. Too damn cold.

Hey now, I'm down to only 4 tons of gear in the audio closet :D
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • Lowell_M
    edited January 2008
    Priorities.........unpack the calendar :p

I seem to have too many priorities. I'm getting back into my other passion this year... club racing. Going to do some high speed autocross at Blackhawk Farms.
    HT
    RTi70 mains
    CSi30 center
    RTi28 Rears
    Velodyne CHT-12
    H/K AVR-247
    ADCOM GFA-7000
    Samsung PN58B860
    Playstation 3

2-Channel
    Polk Audio LSi15's
    Rotel RCD-1072
    Nakamichi CA-5 Pre
    ADCOM GFA-555
  • heiney9
    edited January 2008
    I seem to have too many priorities. I'm getting back into my other passion this year... club racing. Going to do some high speed autocross at Blackhawk Farms.

I would love to get into that. My GTi would be perfect and my mechanic has raced up there over the past 10 years and is even involved in setting up the events. Almost went last year but the entry fee, fuel, safety devices were a bit too expensive for one or two runs.

He has 2 full blown race cars both Rabbits and his 16V 4 banger consistently puts out close 200 hp at the wheels. By today's motors that sounds unimpressive but he's not running a turbo or supercharger, etc. All motor and all hand built. Standard Rabbit in it's day was about 75 hp at the crank with the 16V GTi having ~135 hp at the crank. So 200 hp at the wheels is impressive w/bolt ons and machining.

Anyways I'd love to come up and hang out this summer, I always tell my mechanic I am and some how other things always come up, like golf :p.

Back on topic.

H9
  • dkg999
    edited January 2008
    Aaron - count me in for the pit crew!
    DKG999

• Lowell_M
    edited January 2008
    I would love to get into that. My GTi would be perfect and my mechanic has raced up there over the past 10 years and is even involved in setting up the events. Almost went last year but the entry fee, fuel, safety devices were a bit too expensive for one or two runs.

He has 2 full blown race cars both Rabbits and his 16V 4 banger consistently puts out close 200 hp at the wheels. By today's motors that sounds unimpressive but he's not running a turbo or supercharger, etc. All motor and all hand built. Standard Rabbit in it's day was about 75 hp at the crank with the 16V GTi having ~135 hp at the crank. So 200 hp at the wheels is impressive w/bolt ons and machining.

Anyways I'd love to come up and hang out this summer, I always tell my mechanic I am and some how other things always come up, like golf :p.

Back on topic.

H9

Your GTI would be a sweet car for blackhawk. All you need is a helmet. :rolleyes:

In November I bought a 2007 Infiniti G35 6MT Sport Sedan. (it's my tradeoff between really wanting a Vette, but needing to replace my 210,000 mile Altima with something I can drive in the winter...Yes, I'm driving a RWD car 40 miles to work through the snow.)

Sweet sound system in the car, by the way... even though it does say Bose it is the best sounding stock system I've ever heard. It's better sounding than some aftermarket car systems I've heard. 3-way in the front doors and a "subwoofer" on the back deck.
    HT
    RTi70 mains
    CSi30 center
    RTi28 Rears
    Velodyne CHT-12
    H/K AVR-247
    ADCOM GFA-7000
    Samsung PN58B860
    Playstation 3

2-Channel
    Polk Audio LSi15's
    Rotel RCD-1072