Ohm ?

Options
ben62670
ben62670 Posts: 15,969
edited December 2007 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
What is 0.637 K ohms in ohms.
I used an active XO calculator, and it gave me that number. What resistor should I be looking for?
Thanks Ben
Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
Thanks
Ben
Post edited by ben62670 on

Comments

• ben62670
    edited December 2007
    Options
    Is it 637m ohms?
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited December 2007
    Options
    637 ohms, Example, 1000 ohms = 1k ohm.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    Options
    ben62670 wrote: »
    What is 0.637 K ohms in ohms.
    I used an active XO calculator, and it gave me that number. What resistor should I be looking for?
    Thanks Ben

The K would make you move the decimal point over to the right three places, therefore you get 637 ohms.

When I figure in the K of a number I add three zero's to the right of the number but with the decimal point it is as above.

Whoops Sorry Russ I just saw that your post.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited December 2007
    Options
    Go to bed Joe:)
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    Options
    I think you're right I'm seeing double and I have drunk anything but water all night!!!
  • nms
    nms Posts: 671
    edited December 2007
    Options
    Google will actually do conversions like this for you. For example, for your question, you'd type ".637 Kiloohm to ohm"

It'll convert all sorts of crazy stuff. I use it all the time to avoid stupid errors.
    My system

"The world is an ever evolving clusterf*ck." --treitz3
  • ben62670
    edited December 2007
    Options
    Thanks guys. I was dead tired trying to do calculations. I knew the decimal point had to go 3 places. I just didn't remember which way:o
    Thanks
    Ben