PolkFest 08 ?

Comments

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2007
    Aren't radar detectors illegal there? I thought i remember seeing on one of the gumball videos people getting pulled over for them.

Don't know about MD...but they are in VA.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited October 2007
    There is no passing in the left lane. They use it as the crusing lane. You can four lanes of traffic going in one direction and all four will have white Maryland license plates going neck and neck. When one finally gets past so that you can go around them, the jerk speeds up so that you can't pass them. . . then it starts all over again. Very agitating.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited October 2007
    shack wrote: »
    Don't know about MD...but they are in VA.

Maybe i was thinking VA then...no clue. when I drive down for PF im using mine, can't take any chances.:D
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited October 2007
    Aren't radar detectors illegal there?

No, and anyone else with something bad to say about my state will be dry humped at Polkfest.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    dorokusai wrote: »
    No, and anyone else with something bad to say about my state will be dry humped at Polkfest.

Sorry Mark, I don't have 4 legs, horns, and fur..........I don't think I qualify.
  • dorokusai
    edited October 2007
    Oh you freaking qualify....you bet your **** you do.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    Oh you freaking qualify....you bet your **** you do.

Sorry my hairy **** if off limits.
  • dorokusai
    edited October 2007
    I blend in with crowds pretty well.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    edited October 2007
    Mark, we missed you at this last Polkfest

WHY WERENT YOU THERE????
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • dorokusai
    edited October 2007
    I unfortunately had to go to the Bahamas and I didn't see a single Polk speaker, so I killed a couple tourists from Canada. Don't worry, you wouldn't know them and I couldn't understand what they were saying at all.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    Mark, we missed you at this last Polkfest

WHY WERENT YOU THERE????

Which Mark? If it's me Mark -

Kuz I fahld at skool!

Kidding, this last year of school has a firm grasp on my ballsack at the moment so I'm lucky to leave my cave of an apartment nevermind fly out to GA. The amount of work I've done so far this semester feels like more than what I've done the last 4 years.....

EDIT: haha, both Marks missed...........
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited October 2007
    I unfortunately had to go to the Bahamas and I didn't see a single Polk speaker, so I killed a couple tourists from Canada. Don't worry, you wouldn't know them and I couldn't understand what they were saying at all.

That proper English thing can be a ****. :D
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited October 2007
    Well I'm certainly glad you were able to pull yourself away for a little bit last Saturday Mark!:D

Granted it was shortlived & ended quickly, but it was better than nothing.:eek::D

Which Mark? If it's me Mark -

Kuz I fahld at skool!

Kidding, this last year of school has a firm grasp on my ballsack at the moment so I'm lucky to leave my cave of an apartment nevermind fly out to GA. The amount of work I've done so far this semester feels like more than what I've done the last 4 years.....

EDIT: haha, both Marks missed...........
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited November 2007
    There is no passing in the left lane. They use it as the crusing lane. You can four lanes of traffic going in one direction and all four will have white Maryland license plates going neck and neck. When one finally gets past so that you can go around them, the jerk speeds up so that you can't pass them. . . then it starts all over again. Very agitating.
    Trying to stay calm and not get all wound up......Tom, chill......10 Breaths.....calm down......it's OK. That said, I hear you Joe. Things like this is why I don't have a gun in the car. If I did, tire companies would hire me to increase business, 'cause I'd shoot every tire on the vehicles that did this. I have actually gone 95mph trying to pass this buttmunch that did the same thing, when he [while I couldn't pass him] was going 37-40 mph in a 65 w/ plenty of travel [10-12 car lengths, 20 car lengths at times] between him and the next car. OK, I lied. We topped 100mph when traffic started to separate a little bit more. Thank god I have a V8. As soon as I passed him, I saw a squirrel...hit the brakes hard, and proceeded to go 25 mph until he yielded. I then took off. He must have been a Maryland driver.

Mark, wear something special for me. I'll wear my diapers just for you big guy. :D Nope, I don't have road rage, just common sense rage.

I'd tell you all the story about what happened on 495 around DC one day, but some folks are still probably pissed off about being late for work. :p:D :eek:
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited November 2007
    Whoa there Bro!!! I used to do that crap all the time then I saw it happen around me while driving going north on I95 by Chester PA, the two goof balls that were playing their stupid game had to be going well over 100, nicked each others left and right side and the car in the right lane went air born and came to a dead stop up-side-down on a overpass abuttment. It was very ugly. Everyone in that car was killed and the **** that cause the problem to begin with tried to keep going but there was a cop at the top of the overpass watching the whole thing.

I felt for the people that were killed and all the people in snarled traffic a good five miles. As a matter of fact I95 northbound was backed up all the way from Chester to Wilmington DE.

That incident made me calm down quite a bit when trying to get from point a to b especially after seeing what actually was the result on the news.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited January 2008
    So.......any dates yet???

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited January 2008
    What Ricardo said. I need to know ASAP so that I can put the request for the time before it is taken by someone else!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited January 2008
    I was on the phone with HQ last week and the subject came up. Hopefully, not too much longer, looks to be a hella of a bash with some old school Polk folks doing the bash, just gotta get the big guy to sign off..........some of you have very busy calenders.

RT1
  • Ricardo
    edited January 2008
    some of you have very busy calenders.

RT1

Some of us don't work for the government :eek::eek::p:)

Seriously, I do some traveling and I have some control over it if I can do it early enough. Don't want to miss this one.

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited January 2008
    well it's only January now.. so there is still plenty of time to work a PolkFest into your plans. ;)

that being said.. if it's @ Polk headquarters... you DO NOT want to miss it. You will be kicking yourself for an entire year if you do. Beg, borrow and steal to get there. A couple of us made it to MD from the West coast in 05 and that's like 2300 miles each way :eek: surely those that are within driving distance have no excuse for missing it. :)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited January 2008
    I had better feed those dogs well as the last haul almost did some of them in.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited January 2008
    I will be there without a doubt.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited January 2008
    Ricardo wrote: »
    Some of us don't work for the government :eek::eek::p:)

but remember I am Here to HELP YOU!!!!!!! waaaaaaaaaaa:D

God Bless America.

RT1--Going to the Polkfest, going to the polkfest, going to the polkfest......sheesh its only been 3 months since I had the thing and I am ready for some more already.....going to the Polkfest....going to the Polkfest
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited January 2008
    According to Map Quest a one way trip from my house to head quarters is 8.42 miles. Anybody want to carpool.:D

I just need a date, a time and 3/4 of a gallon of gas and I am there.
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • VSchneider
    VSchneider Posts: 443
    edited January 2008
    This will be my 1st one! Cannot wait to put dates into the calendar.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    edited January 2008
    Can't wait, just hope I'll be able to get the time off.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • bigyank
    bigyank Posts: 224
    edited January 2008
    Hopefully this will be my first PF too!:D

Yank
    Polk Monitor 7
    Polk Atrium 55
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited January 2008
    Most of us with Government jobs need to put in for it by the end of this month.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Ricardo
    edited January 2008
    500 miles for me, and I plan to drive; I'll take Friday off, maybe Monday if things get fun up there :)

SOPA
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited January 2008
    Its about a 4 hour drive for me and 1/2 a tank of gas.
This discussion has been closed.