PolkFest 08 ?

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited October 2007
    janmike wrote: »
    What Happened? Did all the Canadians get banned or are you guys justing hiding? Are ye Canadian or are ye other?

They can't understand you in Quebec!!!:D
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited October 2007
    They can't understand you in Quebec!!!:D
    Its the other way around,we can't understand them or atleast the Francophones.:eek: :D
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited October 2007
    GV#27 wrote: »
    Its the other way around,we can't understand them or atleast the Francophones.:eek: :D

No comment.
    So I am going to have to represent the country solo next year?
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited October 2007
    Its a year away so it is hard to make a commitment right now.It sure sounds like it would be alot of fun though.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited October 2007
    I pledge to have sex with a goat if 5 Canadians show up for Polkfest 2008. I'll bring the goat.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited October 2007
    You have sex with a goat every other day. Bring something else.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited October 2007
    I live in Maryland, not West Virginia. I treat my goat with respect and diginity.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Polk65
    edited October 2007
    I never meant to imply it was the same goat. Dead goat sex is a Florida thing.
  • janmike
    edited October 2007
    dorokusai wrote: »
    I pledge to have sex with a goat if 5 Canadians show up for Polkfest 2008. I'll bring the goat.

I have a year to convince people to go. Failing that, I'm going to start a collection for this one. Steve, get your camera ready. :D
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited October 2007
    I live in Maryland, not West Virginia. I treat my goat with respect and diginity.

Yeah, he does. It's his sheep that get it every other day. ;)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Polk65
    edited October 2007
    Some years ago I tried filming an African goat ritual over a fence. I fainted.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited October 2007
    JHC! I don't know whether to laugh or puke!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited October 2007
    How about an Alpaca? The sheep/llama looking thing....
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2007
    There has always been a question as to whether spouses and/or significant others are welcome at Polkfest and whether or not there are other activites for them to participate in if the aren't hard core Polkies. The answer of course is yes they are welcome but they are on their own.

A new question now seems to be...If I bring my significant other does the host have a fenced in back yard and is there adequate grass for grazing or if not are there any farm feed stores nearby.

My how things have changed. :rolleyes:
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited October 2007
    My Camel never complained, he just stayed in the tree line away from the strange people.................

although Booker has been acting a bit strange.....................hhmmmmmmm.........

RT1
  • cfrizz
    edited October 2007
    Do I even want to know who Booker is?
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • shack
    edited October 2007
    This is Booker....

423_318_big.jpg

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2007

Can I watch?
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2007
    shack wrote: »
    This is Booker....

423_318_big.jpg

I did notice that poor Booker had trouble sitting . . . :eek:
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited October 2007
    well, I suppose a trip back to the doggie psychologist to undue his traumatic experiences is in order.........

RT1
  • cfrizz
    edited October 2007
    Poor Booker. Looks wigged out to me!
  • shack
    edited October 2007
    cfrizz wrote: »
    Poor Booker. Looks wigged out to me!

He should....he's 15 years old (pretty old for a Beagle). It's amazing he survived Polkfest!

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited October 2007
    Outstanding! Polkfest '08 back at Polk HQ?!

Ill be there for sure for that one! Last time was one of the coolest things Ive ever done - Ill definitely be in for another one. Plus Im not driving something that gets 15 mpg anymore so that 10 hour drive wont hurt so much! :D
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2007
    MacLeod wrote: »
    Outstanding! Polkfest '08 back at Polk HQ?!

Ill be there for sure for that one! Last time was one of the coolest things Ive ever done - Ill definitely be in for another one. Plus Im not driving something that gets 15 mpg anymore so that 10 hour drive wont hurt so much! :D

I'm happy about it being less than an hour away . . . 14 hours down and 14hours back to and from Georgia although very much fun was exhusting. How can just sitting in moving vehicle cause such fatigue?

The worst part of the trip back was after driving from Georgia to Maryland, I had to drive another 1 1/2 to Delaware in the deep dark Maryland woods. . .
  • janmike
    edited October 2007
    Are you telling us those woods are scary Joe?
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2007
    Are you telling us those woods are scary Joe?

Not scary, you can't see two feet in front of the car plus there is always some butthead with their highbeams on behind you and infront of you.

Maryland drivers leave a lot to be desired!!!:eek::o
  • janmike
    edited October 2007
    I think you and I discussed their driving habits. :D
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2007
    I think you and I discussed their driving habits. :D

yeah they drive backwards!:D
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,966
    edited October 2007
    I hate being in a vehicle in Maryland

Never understood why people stopped for wrecks on the other side of the road, seperated by a big concrete median...

But then again, driving in Maryland makes no sense
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited October 2007
    Aren't radar detectors illegal there? I thought i remember seeing on one of the gumball videos people getting pulled over for them.
This discussion has been closed.