PolkFest 08 ?

danger boy
danger boy Posts: 15,722
edited October 2008 in Gatherings & Special Events
I know PF07 just ended... but where is the 08 Polkfest going to take place or has that not been decided yet?

I know Michael_W is hosting one in January 08 in BC, Canada.

is there another one planned for a "warmer" time of the year anywhere else? ;)

any chance it would come out West next year? West coast travel is so much easier for me. :D
PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
Post edited by danger boy on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited October 2007
    That was the last one.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited October 2007
    Yellowknife end of February. :confused::D
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2007
    It will be back at HQ in Baltimore for '08 and '09 is slated for another shindig in South Carolina.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited October 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    It will be back at HQ in Baltimore for '08 and '09 is slated for another shindig in South Carolina.

Sweet, I can provide room and board for some of the travelers. Make it a bit easier for some of you out of towners to make it.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited October 2007
    janmike wrote: »
    Yellowknife end of February. :confused::D

Wouldn't be a Week in June that would be over 40f / 4c there ;)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited October 2007
    Was there ever a Polkfest in NYC? I'm new to the forum but I think NYC would be a great place for a Polkfest.
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    edited October 2007

There and there! ;)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2007
    I missed the HQ PF a couple of years ago because it fell on my youngest's 18th birthday. Some things take priority over PF (not may though). I plan on being there in 08 and if it is back at Troy's in 09...well...wild horses and all that....
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited October 2007
    Al, if you wanted warmer you should of come to Georgia, it was downright hot, of course once all the Yanks left the big Rebels in the Sky turned off the heat and humidity. Of course I like Baltimore, SC, and Georgia sites for fests, although I am thinking aTejas event somewhere maybe 0-10.......anyway, it is great to see the Fest's planned out for a long time to come.

RT1
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited October 2007
    No one's buying my story, eh?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    edited October 2007
    Im down for one in Tejas too - fwiw
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Serendipity
    edited October 2007
    Im down for one in Tejas too - fwiw

Wouldn't mind one either.

I like MD and NYC though.
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

• shack
    edited October 2007
    I've been to NYC and I'm not going back...not even for a PF.

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Serendipity
    edited October 2007
    shack wrote: »

WHY???
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited October 2007
    F1nut wrote: »
    No one's buying my story, eh?

Nope :)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • shack
    edited October 2007
    appadv wrote:
    WHY???

There is nothing I like about NYC. Been there 3 times...and each time has been a total PITA!

• MKZ
    MKZ Posts: 1,068
    edited October 2007
    appadv wrote: »
    WHY???

coz NYC sux.:D
  • Serendipity
    edited October 2007
    MKZ wrote: »
    coz NYC sux.:D

That's not very nice :)

I'm from NYC.
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

• MKZ
    edited October 2007
  • Serendipity
    edited October 2007
    MKZ wrote: »
    me too. :D

Which borough?
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

• MKZ
    edited October 2007
    appadv wrote: »
    Which borough?

Queens, Rego Park, G,R,V. Not 7. Why?
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited October 2007
    shack wrote: »
    If you go to Manhattan, avoid the subway and take cabs to get around. Also try to avoid traveling during rush hour, then it's not bad at all. The rest of the 5 boroughs aren't bad as long as you don't drive during rush hour. There's much worse places to drive or travel through, such as the DC/VA area. Thank goodness for the beltway.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited October 2007
    NYC? Hell no! Why? Major PITA, major $$$, no room to spread out. Lack of parking. (Yeah, I guess you could use mass transit) but there are much better locations. Other than maybe downtown SF or DC, I can't think of a worse location. No, I take that back, it is the worst location possible. Even worse then Yellowknife.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited October 2007
    Ok; so Polk headquarters 08. Just make sure it is not between June 15 and July 30. Any other dates are fine.

For me :o

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited October 2007
    Just 8 hours if I decide to drive; not that bad.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited October 2007
    Anytime after April when I have my diploma in my hand is good for me :D
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited October 2007

Im in. This is Polkfest Karma
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • Serendipity
    edited October 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote: »
    NYC? Hell no! Why? Major PITA, major $$$, no room to spread out. Lack of parking. (Yeah, I guess you could use mass transit) but there are much better locations. Other than maybe downtown SF or DC, I can't think of a worse location. No, I take that back, it is the worst location possible. Even worse then Yellowknife.

Hmm, I can understand that. However the amount of hi-fi/2 channel stores in NYC is just staggering. I cannot think of a better place to demo great gear and listen to wonderful music.

When I went down to NC, aside from Trey's system, there was like ONE other hi-fi place. In NYC there are more than 10. Easily. Meaning that there are lots of places to see wonderful gear.
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

• reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited October 2007
    I will be kind, since I am not feeling all that great at the moment.......**** No on NYC,,,,,,,,,,Polkfest is not about going around to a bunch of audio stores, really, get a grip. I have been to NYC many times and love the place for a visit, lots of excitement but bad for a Fest.........

Shack stayed in Ga. for 40 bucks a night at a decent hotel, you get heating grate on the sidewalk in NY for that...

RT1
  • Serendipity
    edited October 2007
    I understand Polkfest isn't about visiting a bunch of audio stores, but wouldn't it be fun to visit audio stores before/after Polkfest?
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

This discussion has been closed.