MM104 or Boston Proseries 10.5??

phuz
phuz Posts: 2,372
edited February 2003 in Car Subwoofer Talk
I'm a big Polk fan, but I hold Boston Acoustics in in just about the same light. Each has it's yin and yang. ;)

I'm looking for SQ mostly. Right now I've got a kicker 120.2 amp pusing my current sub, and will be using this amp to push the new sub until I can upgrade to a better amp(probably not anytime soon) - the enclosure that I will use is a JL Vantage sealed enclosure with roughly .60 cu. ft. airspace - this will be inside the cab of my truck almost directly behind the lower lumbar portion of my seat. (as seen here - http://www.jlaudio.com/stealthbox/va_ranger.html )

Which sub would you choose in these circumstances? And why? Thanks! :)
Post edited by phuz on

Comments

• phuz
    edited February 2003
    Oh come on. :p

I know someone out there can say something. Sure it's a Polk forum but we're all adults here (for the most part heh).

Anyone? Beuller? Beuuuuuuuuller.......?
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited February 2003
    its not often i actually shut my mouth, but in this case i am --- only cuz i have no idea what to say... i dont know the product well at all :o( heard many good things about boston, listened to a few to the point i'd consider buying them...

sposed to be some of the nicest 500+ w subs out there.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • phuz
    edited February 2003
    Originally posted by PoweredByDodge
    sposed to be some of the nicest 500+ w subs out there.

In other words I'm going to smoke the sub or amp pretty quickly with that combo. Right?

How would an MM104 perform with this 120W amp? Am I just dreaming when I talk about subs of this calibre with that amp? Should I just stick with the lower wattage stuff? (Boston generator, Polk GNX)

Thanks PBD.

I see you are a thundercats fan? Check this out. :)http://www.txraves.org/wavs/thundercatbloopers.mp3
  • C-Man
    C-Man Posts: 307
    edited February 2003
    I'd stick with the lower wattage stuff. Wanna use that amp for a long time? JL 10W0. Awesome subs, really low power requirements.
    "The Big C"
  • phuz
    edited February 2003
    Thanks, but I'm not much of a fan of JL's stuff. :)

I think I've finally decided on Image Dynamics. Either an ID10v.3 or an IDQ10v.2

Thanks!
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited February 2003
    ... one more audio soul saved from the near disaster of damnation by JL...
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge