MM104 or Boston Proseries 10.5??

phuz
phuz Posts: 2,372
edited February 2003 in Car Subwoofer Talk
I'm a big Polk fan, but I hold Boston Acoustics in in just about the same light. Each has it's yin and yang. ;)

I'm looking for SQ mostly. Right now I've got a kicker 120.2 amp pusing my current sub, and will be using this amp to push the new sub until I can upgrade to a better amp(probably not anytime soon) - the enclosure that I will use is a JL Vantage sealed enclosure with roughly .60 cu. ft. airspace - this will be inside the cab of my truck almost directly behind the lower lumbar portion of my seat. (as seen here - http://www.jlaudio.com/stealthbox/va_ranger.html )

Which sub would you choose in these circumstances? And why? Thanks! :)
Post edited by phuz on

Comments

• phuz
    edited February 2003
    Oh come on. :p

I know someone out there can say something. Sure it's a Polk forum but we're all adults here (for the most part heh).

Anyone? Beuller? Beuuuuuuuuller.......?
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,183
    edited February 2003
    its not often i actually shut my mouth, but in this case i am --- only cuz i have no idea what to say... i dont know the product well at all :o( heard many good things about boston, listened to a few to the point i'd consider buying them...

sposed to be some of the nicest 500+ w subs out there.
    "With your own attitude it is hard to survive here... But who gives a damn, we are here to change the world, and we dont need a password for that."
    - Anurag
  • phuz
    edited February 2003
    Originally posted by PoweredByDodge
    sposed to be some of the nicest 500+ w subs out there.

In other words I'm going to smoke the sub or amp pretty quickly with that combo. Right?

How would an MM104 perform with this 120W amp? Am I just dreaming when I talk about subs of this calibre with that amp? Should I just stick with the lower wattage stuff? (Boston generator, Polk GNX)

Thanks PBD.

I see you are a thundercats fan? Check this out. :)http://www.txraves.org/wavs/thundercatbloopers.mp3
  • C-Man
    C-Man Posts: 307
    edited February 2003
    I'd stick with the lower wattage stuff. Wanna use that amp for a long time? JL 10W0. Awesome subs, really low power requirements.
    "The Big C"
  • phuz
    edited February 2003
    Thanks, but I'm not much of a fan of JL's stuff. :)

I think I've finally decided on Image Dynamics. Either an ID10v.3 or an IDQ10v.2

Thanks!
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,183
    edited February 2003
    ... one more audio soul saved from the near disaster of damnation by JL...
    "With your own attitude it is hard to survive here... But who gives a damn, we are here to change the world, and we dont need a password for that."
    - Anurag