New WoodShed constuction under way

Options
13»

Comments

• Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Looking good Ted. looking foward to seeing it and hearing it at the fest.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited August 2007
    Options
    yea, we need to shake a leg, otherswise, you may hear it while you are painting it at the Fest!!!!!!! I am still waiting on two speakers, the RTS surrounds got delayed and are supposed to be on the boat from China, a slow boat no doubt. You will get to hear Polk Audio's absolute best in-wall system, a no holds barred assault on in-wall/in ceiling speaking technology, easily on par with the LSI line, those who heard the ones at the Maryland Fest, well the RTS line-up was made with Matt's vision to blow the old line away. For you svs sub hounds, you will hear twin Polk SWA 200's with the SWA 500 amplifier, 1000 watts of growl and boom easily eq'd for 2-channel as well. Once the drywall is up and taped I will feel much better as we can finish with painting and the low voltage track. I decided on track to keep the holes in the ceiling to well, zero, there are not any, this room will pressurize with, yep just for Cat
    a 200 wpc channel B&K to drive everything a very nice amp which sounds great, not 199 watts, 200, yea baby, of course I have slipped in a few extra special things to make the 2-channel part of this the best it can be. Also, I can now run as many as four subs with easy expansion to eight (in ceiling soffets) should I ever want it.

However, it has become apparent my best personal audio solution is a long range plan to completely redo the existing Woodshed room keeping it 2-channel only, I learned alot building this new room and will apply it once I get started on the next one.

I really (reel-ly) enjoy all the audio paths and will always have a two channel rig, there are though great advances being made in audio surround as engineers are beginning to master the process giving hope to mulit-channel fans and interest to stubborn 2-channel die hards like myself.

Dave--I decided to put the same Mit you have in for the time being as the Monitor.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

RT1
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Sounds like it's going to be incredible Ted! Congrats.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,654
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Sound great. Congrats
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • reeltrouble1
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Well the work has continued and we are seeing the home stretch.......looking forward to enjoying this room.

Here are some shots of the front stage install with the custom in-floor woofs being used in-wall, Polk Paul helped along the way, with speaker placement and especially with the refraction/diffraction points and tricks to eliminate problems on the corners.

I will be adding a rug to cover most of the tile floor in case your wondering.......

RT1
  • reeltrouble1
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Oh, and here is a shot of the electrical gear closet. wire wire everywhere.....

Things will get tidied up in the next day or two..

RT1
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited September 2007
    Options
    If you really want to make the room useful make a small slot in the wall to hold your mp3 player. :D
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • reeltrouble1
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p ;)

That is what the room's equipment closet is for, hidden behind the wall in the darkest recesses; unbeknowst I will creep down the stairs to slip some cans on, fire the dogged Mp3 on and let the ear bleeding begin.

Yes, the paradigm has already shifted as far as music formats, to not recognize this is simply head in the sand stuff...........I can only trust in the addage that the mass market appeal mothers the invention and the hobbyist/enthusiast companies refine it, as it is and always has been in audio. The one bright lite is vinyl and its resurgence although right now the cost is prohibitive for the young people, the same people who like the downloading aspects of just doing it and most of all having fun with it while they are doing it. I think that is what drives mp3, its not only cheap, the folks who like it are having fun with it??? No????

Sorry though, no MP3 Ipod thingies for now, not for me. Someday, yes you will access your music in ways not dreamed possible, actually, I cannot wait and look forward to what the science of sound has in store for all of us.

RT1
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,399
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Krieky! Are you gonna have it done in time for PF?
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • reeltrouble1
    edited September 2007
    Options
    That is the plan...................The doors went up yesterday. Still things to do, but yea, the whole idea is to give the membership the opportunity to hear Polk's full on assault of in-wall technology!!!!!!!!!! Its going to be a great place, maybe dubbed the Reel Time Theater........

RT1