mod220 Posts: 30
edited September 2007 in Gatherings & Special Events
noob here looking forward to meeting some people soon
Post edited by mod220 on

Comments

• Lowell_M
    Lowell_M Posts: 1,660
    edited August 2007
    Welcome to CP! Do you live in Chicago or out in the 'burbs? I don't know of any formal get togethers planned soon, but different members from the general area get together once in a while for some listening sessions.
    HT
    RTi70 mains
    CSi30 center
    RTi28 Rears
    Velodyne CHT-12
    H/K AVR-247
    ADCOM GFA-7000
    Samsung PN58B860
    Playstation 3

2-Channel
    Polk Audio LSi15's
    Rotel RCD-1072
    Nakamichi CA-5 Pre
    ADCOM GFA-555
    Signal Cable Analog II IC's
    Signal Ultra Bi-Wire Speaker Cables
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    edited August 2007
    a_mattison wrote: »
    Welcome to CP! Do you live in Chicago or out in the 'burbs? I don't know of any formal get togethers planned soon, but different members from the general area get together once in a while for some listening sessions.

Which we need to do here pretty soon. How's it going a_m? You and the misses have to get over to hear the SDA's soon. Summer is winding down after Labor Day so hopefully we can all get together soon. I want to hear dkg999's new HT and his Maggies as well.

Any progress on the 2-ch rig yet?

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited August 2007
    Pardon me while I invite myself along..... :)

Did someone say Maggies??? Let me know when you get together - it would be well worth the drive up to see you all again....

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    edited August 2007
    I know Doug will be outta town on the 6th for awhile the I'm off to Myrtle Beach(eat your heart out H9) on the 15th so if anybody can go this weekend or otherwise it'll be awhile.

Dave
  • heiney9
    edited August 2007
    daboyz wrote: »
    I know Doug will be outta town on the 6th for awhile the I'm off to Myrtle Beach(eat your heart out H9) on the 15th so if anybody can go this weekend or otherwise it'll be awhile.

Dave

Ok, I might eat my heart out if you are golfing some of the courses down there :p . I was thinking late Sept. as every weekend is booked soild until then. Dave, you realize this weekend is WaterFront and while it's not my forte', I have lots of friends who want to attend so that's primarily where I'll be.

McLoki you are welcome anytime so if/when we set a date we'll let you know. Opus you are invited as well :) .

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • daboyz
    edited August 2007
    Long Bay,King's North,etc. Yeah, I know it's this weekend. My daughter and I are going to Daughtry tonight and we may go down a little this weekend. My wife will be selling tix at the Country stage 4-8 Fri. They're trying to sucker me into it,too.:( Have fun,maybe we'll see ya!:D
  • Lowell_M
    edited August 2007
    Went to Daughtry also last night. Good show.. a little short, but I guess he doesn't have much to draw from. 12 Stones wasn't too bad either.

Right now though... I'm working from home today and have discovered Dire Straights (yea...never really listened to them before). Holy crap are their recordings sweet!

Brock, you up for any golf tomorrow morning if their's any T-times available anywhere?
    HT
    RTi70 mains
    CSi30 center
    RTi28 Rears
    Velodyne CHT-12
    H/K AVR-247
    ADCOM GFA-7000
    Samsung PN58B860
    Playstation 3

2-Channel
    Polk Audio LSi15's
    Rotel RCD-1072
    Nakamichi CA-5 Pre
    ADCOM GFA-555
  • heiney9
    edited August 2007
    a_mattison wrote: »
    Went to Daughtry also last night. Good show.. a little short, but I guess he doesn't have much to draw from. 12 Stones wasn't too bad either.

Right now though... I'm working from home today and have discovered Dire Straights (yea...never really listened to them before). Holy crap are their recordings sweet!

Brock, you up for any golf tomorrow morning if their's any T-times available anywhere?

Golfing at Macktown in the AM and we've been hit and miss w/a 4th but we have one for tomorrow (figures). We usually do the Saturday thing every Saturday and it seems we end up at Macktown or Ledges (all in your neck of the woods). I might be able to get you in next Saturday morning if you can plan that far ahead. I'll check and make sure we still have 4 for tomorrow if not, you are in.

Are you guys doing Waterfront any time this weekend? I'm heading down tonight to see the Black Crowes and will be down there tomorrow late afternoon/evening also.

H9
  • Lowell_M
    edited August 2007
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Golfing at Macktown in the AM and we've been hit and miss w/a 4th but we have one for tomorrow (figures). We usually do the Saturday thing every Saturday and it seems we end up at Macktown or Ledges (all in your neck of the woods). I might be able to get you in next Saturday morning if you can plan that far ahead. I'll check and make sure we still have 4 for tomorrow if not, you are in.

Are you guys doing Waterfront any time this weekend? I'm heading down tonight to see the Black Crowes and will be down there tomorrow late afternoon/evening also.

H9

Sweet, let me know. I just got back from golfing a (not-so) fabulous 49 at The Ledges. Rough nine..... Par'd the first hole...double bogey on the second...and so on.

I will be in Atlanta next weekend setting up for "Glassbuild 2007", the yearly window and door manufacturer's show. yahoo.

Let me know about tomorrow...I'm game if you need a 4th.
    HT
    RTi70 mains
    CSi30 center
    RTi28 Rears
    Velodyne CHT-12
    H/K AVR-247
    ADCOM GFA-7000
    Samsung PN58B860
    Playstation 3

2-Channel
    Polk Audio LSi15's
    Rotel RCD-1072
    Nakamichi CA-5 Pre
    ADCOM GFA-555
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited September 2007
    Maybe we can have a Polkie golf outing someday? Smoke a few cigars, drink a few beers, and maybe we could even hit up H9's favorite bar, the "PubII"?;)

Ehhh, golfing sucks, what a waste of good real estate.:p
  • opus
    opus Posts: 1,252
    edited September 2007
    beer?

In please
    The Flea rig
    Hitachi 50VG825 LCD
    Rotel RSP 1066 (pre) :)-flea market
    B&K St-202 (mains)-flea market
    Carver M 200t (x2) (center and surrounds)-flea market
    Blu-Ray..PS3 (dvd player)
    Polk RTA-11t-flea market
    LsiC, Fxi30's

Dual SVS PC-Utra's (1 port blocked) thanks MikeC78
    Behringer Feedback Destroyer
    -flea market
    AudioAlchemy DDE v1.0 DAC-flea market
    Cambridge Audio Azur 640 CDP-flea market
    Signal Cable and Kimber Kable
  • daboyz
    edited September 2007
    Aaron, great find on Dire Straits. Mark Knopfler can handle a guitar and "Sultans of Swing" is an awesome tune.Also,beer is always a welcome addition to the get togethers.
  • heiney9
    edited September 2007
    +1 to beer, just got home from Waterfront and beer was #1 on my list. Saw a great Irish rock band.......pretty cool.

H9
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited September 2007
    Me & the Mrs. met up with Rich & his wife yesterday.

Dude is a master BBQ chef IMO.

Good times with good food, good music, & great people.

His new vinyl set up is sweet.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited September 2007
    halo wrote: »

How about some pic's:D

Did Norm or Greg show up to hang out with yinz?
    Carl

• MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited September 2007

Nice! Then WTF wasn't Rich cooking at the PF?:confused::p
  • halo
    edited September 2007
    schwarcw wrote: »
    How about some pic's:D

Did Norm or Greg show up to hang out with yinz?
    Norm & Greg were'nt in the best of health so they weren't able to make it out.

As for pics:

The rig w/ the new Nottingham TT:

DSCF83871A.jpg

Drinks:

DSCF83951A.jpg

Dessert:

DSCF8400.jpg
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • halo
    edited September 2007
    MikeC78 wrote: »
    Nice! Then WTF wasn't Rich cooking at the PF?:confused::p
    'cause Annie was! :rolleyes: ;):D
  • heiney9
    edited September 2007
    'cause Annie was! :rolleyes: ;):D

That right Annie was b-bq'ing away so our sorry asses could listen to all the rigs. :eek: :D;)
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited September 2007
    I see that Teddy was also enjoying the afternoon with a little desert.

The Root Beer looks tasty, now I'm thirsty!

I chowed on some filets that I grilled on the patio for my brothers. Some corn on the cob, bow tie pasta with some fresh tomato and basil. Yum!

Glad you all had a good time!

Carl
    Carl

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited September 2007
    Annie is a good cook, no need for me to get involved.

Victor, you are too kind…it was great having you and Jessica over. Greg and Norm were missed. Thanks for bringing the fancy root beer. The Jones brand was kind of cool with different scenes illustrated on each bottle. You did forgot to photochop out the magic Epox clock though, the secret to making my system more musical.

Carl, as you know Teddy is on the ropes. On the day I have him put down, he will either get a small Giordanos pizza or a ½ gallon of Edy’s Vanilla Bean all to himself.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • daboyz
    edited September 2007
    Where did this thread go?;) :D
  • FittyFieFo
    FittyFieFo Posts: 482
    edited September 2007
    Hey! I'm new!! I go to NIU, would love to meet some of you guys! or...girls...
    Samsung LN52A850 (52" 1080P LCD TV) | RTi A9's (Fronts) | Csi A6(Center) | FXi A6 (Rear Surrounds) | SVS PB12-NSD (Sub) | Oppo BDP-103 | Panamax M5300-PM

Pre-Amp: Marantz AV7005 | Amp: Emotiva XPA-5 | Speaker wires: Signal Cables | Interconnects: Signal Cables
  • Lowell_M
    edited September 2007
    FittyFieFo wrote: »
    Hey! I'm new!! I go to NIU, would love to meet some of you guys! or...girls...

Welcome to the club..... and good luck with the meeting girls through the Polk Forum......
    HT
    RTi70 mains
    CSi30 center
    RTi28 Rears
    Velodyne CHT-12
    H/K AVR-247
    ADCOM GFA-7000
    Samsung PN58B860
    Playstation 3

2-Channel
    Polk Audio LSi15's
    Rotel RCD-1072