Georgia Polkfest 07 Official Thread

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    edited July 2007
    WHAT???

Polk Paul is Definitive Paul now? Wow!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited July 2007
    Too bad he can't make it. I enjoyed talking to him last year as he grew up in NJ about 10 minutes from me. Looking foward to seeing Al and meeting anyone else from Polk.
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited July 2007
    As a side note, the rumour is true, a Canadian is making the journey, not sure if a dog-sled is in the itenerary. Anthony is laying in the sausage and peppers and the Georgia White Shrimp for the Low Country Boil are growing large in the Sound, my Shrimp Boat Captain Buddy has promised a bounty from his catch for us.

I am expecting you guys to float at least two kegs this year.

Remember everyone is welcome.

RT1

First I need to swim across Great Slave Lake, then Dog-Sled out of the tundra, canoe down the MacKenzie River, packmule over the badlands and then it's a smooth hang glide to the US border. From there I should be able to find a rude female truck driver that will surely get me the rest of the way.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited July 2007
    Sounds pretty easy Mike, except how saddle soar you will be once the lady driver finishes with you and kicks you out on exit 36.

RT1
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited July 2007
    Ted, maybe she will be a music lover and be willing to share her driving and tattoo experiences with everyone. Hell, what's another Polkfest participant. Then again, after all that surely I could walk from exit 36.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited July 2007
    janmike wrote: »
    First I need to swim across Great Slave Lake, then Dog-Sled out of the tundra, canoe down the MacKenzie River, packmule over the badlands and then it's a smooth hang glide to the US border. From there I should be able to find a rude female truck driver that will surely get me the rest of the way.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA great mind pictures!!!
  • reeltrouble1
    edited July 2007
    OK Polk Fans, I have heard from a few of you, most of the regulars but really need to give HQ a number so please chime in if your planning on attending.

See all you soon, tick tick tick.

RT1
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited July 2007
    In

But not sure if I'm leaving. ;)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited July 2007
    I've got this date clear on my calendar. I haven't made plane reservations yet, but I've priced the trip going to Jacksonville, FL. I'll make firm reservations in early September. I'll travel Friday, out of Pittsburgh mid-day as to not deal with traffic. I may arrive in Jacksonville around rush hour. What's the traffic like at rush hour RT coming out of the airport headed towards your place?
    Carl

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2007
    I'm trying to get it worked out, it's about 50/50 right now.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited July 2007
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited July 2007
    In for one, plus gear.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • reeltrouble1
    edited July 2007
    Disney you can stay but you have to sleep in the yard with the camel.

Carl not much traffic at least not like you are used to, it's about an hour from the Jacksonville Airport to Brunswick.

Russ you need to get here bro, I already go the special table and stuff for you to sign the glossy's.

Keep em coming guys.

It's a Party Its POLKFEST and I am jazzed.

E-mails sent with details for the casa.

RT1
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited July 2007
    I'm 80/20 positive I'll come. Still need to clear out a couple of things but nothing that might become a showstopper.....

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,650
    edited July 2007
    50/50 coming Got to seek forgiveness for not being around on the the wife and daughters on their birthday.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • VR3
    edited July 2007
    I'm 110% - told my manager about this the day you announced it! ;)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Fireman32
    edited July 2007
    Im in!! Ted how long a drive it is from raleigh do think to your casa?
  • VR3
    edited July 2007
    You are looking at about a 7-8 hour drive my friend! :)

I'm looking at a good... 5-6 hour drive...
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited July 2007
    Fireman32 wrote: »
    Im in!! Ted how long a drive it is from raleigh do think to your casa?

It's a staight shot down 95 and around 400 miles. 6 hours ± depending on whether you stop much or not.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Fireman32
    edited July 2007
    6 to 8 hours is not bad. I will probably drive instead of fly. Lou you are welcome to fly down by me and then we can do the drive together.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited July 2007
    Ted, I'm 100% out this time.

you guys and gals have a great time!!

pictures.. we want pictures though. :D

i'll even pay top dollar for the more bizzare ones. :eek: :p;)
    JK!
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited July 2007
    Can I catch a ride with any Floridians? I will ride in the back, in the trunck, on a roof rack, back of pickup, or strapped to the hood of a car like a deer.

Thanks Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited August 2007
    That's the spirit!

:D
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • reeltrouble1
    edited August 2007
    you might take a bus, you might take a train, you just gotta get here all the same............

well you get the idea anyway...

There will be some moldy beer as well, run it through Tour's dirty socks for a reel kick.

RT1
  • SLOCOOKN
    SLOCOOKN Posts: 704
    edited August 2007
    In case you are planning on parting with some nice gear unannounced!

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/721351/make_a_pull_ring_smoke_grenade/:D
    :eek: From the bottom it looks like a steep incline, From the top another down hill slope of mine.:mad: But I know the equilibrium's there!:cool: .."Faith No More" :D
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    AudioQuest Crystal 2 spk wire
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
    VMPS Original Tall Boy (Mega Woofers soon)
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited August 2007
    ben62670 wrote: »
    Can I catch a ride with any Floridians? I will ride in the back, in the trunck, on a roof rack, back of pickup, or strapped to the hood of a car like a deer.

Thanks Ben

If you make it up to Orlando you can ride with me.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,050
    edited August 2007
    At this point I'm about 70/30 attending. DKG999 and I have been coordinating and if we can travel together I will most likely be attending. It's still a little ways out but I'll confirm one way or the other by the end of the month. My main issue is work and since this is at the beginning of the month we aren't quite as busy so I can most likely sneak away.

I'm looking forward to it.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • reeltrouble1
    edited August 2007
    OK Guys, looking good. I am pretty sure I have sent everyone who expressed interest the vital numbers, if I missed you let me know, not intentional.

Keep em coming, you really do not want to miss this.......

RT1
  • reeltrouble1
    edited August 2007
    Oh and the latest rumour is that several of the guys from the Big Boy Waddle Club have completely shaved their body for the belly bucking contest, speedo's on everyone.

RT1
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited August 2007
    I won't know until the beginning of September.......if this is a problem let me know then I don't have to plan anything :(.

Just gotta see what the fall semester of school lays out for me.

BL