FS: SDA 3.1TL in Columbus, OH

Options
bdaley6509
bdaley6509 Posts: 1,167
edited June 2007 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I purchased these from a Polkie a couple of years back. I'm selling them as I need to make some room for a new baby coming in Dec. I paid $999.00 originally. Asking $699.00. Speakers are in pristine condition and sound amazing. Interconnect cable is included. I have the original boxes as well. Prefer pickup, but buyer can arrange shipping if desired.

Attachment not found. Attachment not found. Attachment not found. Attachment not found.
Thanks.
Post edited by bdaley6509 on

Comments

• NeilGabriel
    NeilGabriel Posts: 1,487
    edited May 2007
    Options
    I cluttered. Sorry.

Actually I had posted the weight. When you say, buyer can arrange shipping, do you mean you will ship if buyer pays? I would love to get some stand up SDAs, but I gather shipping is risky ?? and a drive from here to there is way too long.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited May 2007
    Options
    For shipping I suggest:

Take all the mid bass & SDA drivers out one by one. Label them accordingly (location, type). Call Polk CS and ask for a box - the same box w/ packing they use for the new replacement mid bass drivers. Double or triple box said drivers for shipping.

Contact TeamAir (same guys that got Normanality and my Eros from Cali to Chicago) about shipping the cabinets (they come to your home and put the boxes on a palette). You can construct a secondary box for the cabinets (to surround the original boxes) by purchasing wardrobe boxes from Uhaul and solid foam (insulation) from your local home improvement store.

My $.02 on how to do it right. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • NeilGabriel
    edited May 2007
    Options
    Halo: What are we talking for shipping costs in round figures? I know that some home movers will also take partial loads....it seems the best thing to do is be patient and find speakers in driving distance.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited May 2007
    Options
    Halo: What are we talking for shipping costs in round figures? I know that some home movers will also take partial loads....it seems the best thing to do is be patient and find speakers in driving distance.

You'd have to contact TeamAir for a quote. All I remember is they are 1st class all the way & very resonable.

Local PU is always the best option ;):)
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • bdaley6509
    edited May 2007
    Options
    I've used Team Air quite a few times for pinball and arcade machines and they have always done a great job. These speakers have their original boxes...that always helps when using a carrier service to transport valuable goods. I'd love these speakers to stay in the club, but I'm gonna list them on the bay if I have no interest here soon. If I can't get $899.00 from a non-polkie, I'll keep them.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited May 2007
    Options
    wow... check how low that tweeter is.. crazy.. mid cab. just making an observation is all.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • bdaley6509
    edited May 2007
    Options
    Over 8000 posts and this is the first time you've seen the position of the tweeter on a pair of 3.1's?
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited May 2007
    Options
    bdaley6509 wrote: »
    Over 8000 posts and this is the first time you've seen the position of the tweeter on a pair of 3.1's?

yes.... :p
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,092
    edited May 2007
    Options
    danger boy wrote: »
    yes.... :p

Pay attention DB......................:D :)
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited May 2007
    Options
    Don't be fooled by the size (or the height of the tweeter:p ). The 3.1's are GREAT SDA's.....and I sold mine to someone that drove from Kansas ;)

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited May 2007
    Options
    Polkie's these do not show up more than once or twice a year. 3.1 TL's are one of the most rare SDA's ever produced. In a WAF friendly package, the full SDA experience is here. Step up and bring home a unique piece of Polk history.

DB may have a short attention span related to his busy life. Try and cover the news daily and see how much you remember. His point is golden. These tweeters are low for SDA's -- right around the height of RTA 15tl's, which is great for listening to in bed or relaxing in your favorite chair . If you have a barber's chair you will have to pump it to the low rider position.

Hit up Polksda's website for further spanking material.
  • NeilGabriel
    edited May 2007
    Options
    HTrookie wrote: »
    Don't be fooled by the size (or the height of the tweeter:p ). The 3.1's are GREAT SDA's.....and I sold mine to someone that drove from Kansas ;)

Was that Paul Stubbs? He drove to Ohio and then played them for me when he got back. I bought his CRS+ which Engtaz now has and now I need something bigger to try....and the world keeps turning. I'd actually drive to Ohio if I werent headed on vacation in 2 weeks!

I'd still like to know what anyone has paid to get a pair of SDAs professionally moved.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited May 2007
    Options
    Was that Paul Stubbs? He drove to Ohio and then played them for me when he got back. I bought his CRS+ which Engtaz now has and now I need something bigger to try....and the world keeps turning. I'd actually drive to Ohio if I werent headed on vacation in 2 weeks!

Yes, that was Stubby.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • stubby
    stubby Posts: 723
    edited May 2007
    Options
    To absolutely confirm that it was Paul Stubbs......
    Truly some remarkable speakers. And yes, I drove to Ohio to get 'em. Incredible imaging. All they are missing is the very bottom octave that my 1.2's had.
    Stubby
    SRS 3.1TL
    Harman Kardon Citation 5.1
    Anthem AVM2

• reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited May 2007
    Options
    You really should drive to Polkfest with them and then you can just leave them.....................

RT1
  • bdaley6509
    edited May 2007
    Options
    Speakers are no longer for sale. Thanks.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,654
    edited May 2007
    Options
    Hope they found a good home I love mine and they are Black like yours. and thaks Stubby the CRS+ and stands are great. Are those RDO194's in them?
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • bdaley6509
    edited May 2007
    Options
    they're actually SL2500's.
  • engtaz
    edited May 2007
    Options
    I have been working with my Monitor 5's and a friends SRS2's upgrades to RDO194's and threw it all together. I know there sl2500's. oops. Did you keep them or find a home for them?
    engtaz

• NeilGabriel
    edited June 2007
    Options
    think he sold them on ebay
  • bdaley6509
    edited June 2007
    Options
    I was able to work some magic with my 'toys' and the wife so the Polks are going to stay put for now.
  • NeilGabriel
    edited June 2007
    Options
    bdaley6509 wrote: »
    I was able to work some magic with my 'toys' and the wife so the Polks are going to stay put for now.

hmmmm....hubba hubba....I guess I can tell the pilot not to stop by your place now!
  • bdaley6509
    edited June 2007
    Options
    lol...after re-reading my post, I see now a slight chance of my words being misconstrued :D
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited June 2007
    Options
    I'm glad that everyone is enjoying my 3.1TL's. I took care of them from 1991 to 2007. I miss them. But, I'm glad they are in-the-family.
  • engtaz
    edited June 2007
    Options
    That's great to hear. 3.1's are home to stay. They WAF of these can't be over stated.
    engtaz