BLO$E - inferior sound through marketing

rs159
rs159 Posts: 1,027
edited January 2003 in Forum Testing Area
Hello, I am doctor Blo$e. Over 40 years ago I went hifi shopping and decided that I could build a speaker inferior to those avalible at the time. I decided I would offer these speakers at rediculously high price points to make consumers think they were world class products. My efforts have been a resounding success. Today, Blo$e makes some of the world's worst speakers at premium prices.

Not only are we experienced in the art of building rediculously priced, very poor sounding speakers, but we are also masters of attempting to cheat the laws of physics. Our acoustic waveguide system trys to create deep bass, extended highs, and a wide soundstage from two four inch drivers at the end of 7 feet of plastic tubing spaced at a stagaring distance of one foot for optimum stereo imaging.

But we aren't entirely focused on research of rediculous concepts that defy the very laws of physics. In fact, most of our profits go straight to marketing. This allows us to maintain our ideal of making inferior audio products that are touted as true hi-fidelity devices.

To quote a review an enthusiastic listener once posted on this very board - "No highs, no lows, must be Blo$e"

Your friend,
Dr. Blo$e
Post edited by rs159 on

Comments

• MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited January 2003
    Yes, I like this guy - he'll fit in perfect here! WELCOME TO THE POLK BOARD! BOSE DOES SUCK! HAHAHA!
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited January 2003
    Looks like a troll post to me.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    edited January 2003
    Second that, Russ.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• rs159
    rs159 Posts: 1,027
    edited January 2003
    i assure you i am not a troll, just trying to make my 1st post interesting
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited January 2003
    That's fine, but with all the Bose bashing on every forum, its very old and played out, thats all. Not saying I like or don't like Bose, its just gotten to be old hat.

How about a post of your system under the 'speakers' or 'electronics' forum to start?

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,007
    edited January 2003
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN
    That's fine, but with all the Bose bashing on every forum, its very old and played out, thats all. Not saying I like or don't like Bose, its just gotten to be old hat.

How about a post of your system under the 'speakers' or 'electronics' forum to start?

Cheers,
    Russ
    I can't agree with you more Russ.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited January 2003
    Originally posted by mantis

I can't agree with you more Russ.

2003 might be a very good year.

He might not be trolling; which might be fine if your looking for fish that have been beaten like a dead horse, just new.
    Make it Funky! :)