center channel

dholmes
dholmes Posts: 1,136
I saw a picture of a system with the center channel on steriods, it had 3 spks, would there be any benefit to this,or would it be better to add a sub to make the center more beefy. I wanted to do something like this to give my center more kick I have a cs400 Thanks
My HT set-up Panasonic front proj, 120 in ws screen, ATI amp,Integra 9.8 pre-pro, 2 Polk rti150, cp 1000, 4 fx 1000, Pioneer blu-ray 2 SVS sub pb 12-ultra 2, & Paragon popcorn popper. ps 3 Coaster leather HT recliners.
Post edited by dholmes on

Comments

• MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited January 2003
    Talk to Scottvamp...
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited January 2003
    dholmes, I have an 8 foot projection screen in my HT. I wanted something that:
    *fact: over 60% of DVD sound comes fron the center channel*

(1) filled the screen in more (more sound spread across the srceen)

(2) just wanted more power and center channel presence so that images were more attached to the screen (coming out at ya)

(3) big complaint in ht > dialouge is not loud enough

My project solved all of these problems.

would it be better to add a sub to make the center more beefy
    My center channel project had very little to do with a bass issue.
    More power and sound from the center - ya!
    If your HT setup does not have a subwoofer yet. My suggestion is to go and get a sub before worrying about your center. The cs400 is a beast. If you don't have a sub you are missing out on the full HT experience. There are alot of low bass you are not getting. A good sub will add alot of sound, power, punch and oooomph you may be craving. Later!!! :cool:
  • dholmes
    dholmes Posts: 1,136
    edited January 2003
    Thanks for the help scottvamp, I have 2, 200watt subs, placed in the front corners of the room,I recieved a free sub when I bought the rti150. I wanted to know if it would help the center spk to add a sub to it to give it more kick Thanks
    My HT set-up Panasonic front proj, 120 in ws screen, ATI amp,Integra 9.8 pre-pro, 2 Polk rti150, cp 1000, 4 fx 1000, Pioneer blu-ray 2 SVS sub pb 12-ultra 2, & Paragon popcorn popper. ps 3 Coaster leather HT recliners.
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited January 2003
    Originally posted by dholmes
    Thanks for the help scottvamp, I have 2, 200watt subs, placed in the front corners of the room,I recieved a free sub when I bought the rti150. I wanted to know if it would help the center spk to add a sub to it to give it more kick Thanks

3 subs in on room eh? lol! I wish I had 3 subs, Let me see here, 1 mx90-2 mx125s...LOL! newayz, u can plug the center up to the subwoofer, and try it - if you like it, keep it! lol!

If you dont know how - Run the speaker inputs on the sub to the outputs on the receiver (speaker wire) - then run speaker wire from the output on the sub to the speakers - i think I got the whole input, output junk right...this should add alot to ur center, but I shall warn u...it'll be hard to set up
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited January 2003
    Two sub in the front corners of your room may be cancelling each other out. Multiple subs are very hard to setup and get to sound right. A sub setup on your center channel output would sound good but the placement for that 202 would have to be near the frontstage close to your center channel and with 2 subs up there already it may be a problem. But if you have the preouts - I would try it out. If the frequency on the sub is low enough not to pick up dialouge than there are plenty of effects and explotions on the center channel to give the sub a good workout. Later!!!!!
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited January 2003
    Originally posted by scottvamp
    The cs400 is a beast.

Agreed!

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***