Rotel rsp-1098 from CES

Options
polkatese
polkatese Posts: 6,767
edited January 2003 in Electronics
Gang,
thought I share these pictures from Club Rotel (courtesy of Andrew Pratt) from CES....it's a replacement (?) for rsp-1066 processor/pre-amp.

Notice the new dvd player underneath, no detail though :mad:
I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
Post edited by polkatese on

Comments

• polkatese
    edited January 2003
    Options
    and the back.....
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • polkatese
    edited January 2003
    Options
    atc,
    exactly!!!???? on a different subject, I went ahead ordered several IC and power cord from SignalCable from Frank, I'll let you know what's my impressions when I get it. He said that Monster M series is no contest...we'll see!
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,367
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Wow! I seriously thought about getting a 1066 pre/pro rather than a Denon 3803. This new model looks very promising and may persuade me to go all the way to separates. The things that strike me initially are the set-up screen on the front which seems unusually large, the card construction like a computer, and the four component video inputs. I've seen reviews of a couple of other high-end designs that use cards or modules that can be upgraded without having to get a whole new unit. This looks like the wave of the future. I'd give it a year after introduction before considering buying so Rotel can work out any bugs though. At last it looks like they'll have a high-end controller to do justice to their amps.
  • mark g. nelson
    mark g. nelson Posts: 134
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Damn it!!! I just ordered a 1066. I guess I will cancel it and wait.

Oh the joys of Upgrade Fever!!
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Emlyn, not really heard of ya. But DAM
    nice freaking system. I was wondering - do you have everything set to large? And which method are u using for the subs on the rt1000p? And how do you justify power from these two amps (5 @ 120w and 7 @ 110w)???? WOW!!!!
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Nice. What else was there from Rotel? Any more details on the DVD player or upcoming stuff from Rotel?
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Looks like over-kill the input-ouput category. FAAK, I might have to call Dan to come hook it up for me. ;)

Does anyone actually use all those? I guess better too many, than not enough.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • polkatese
    edited January 2003
    Options
    I bet you that small lcd panel in the front will let you do OSD parameter adjustment without having to turn on your tv...

Phuz,
    don't have any details on the dvd player, but I am sure folks on club Rotel will have more insights...
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Club Rotel? What is that?

/me runs off to google it
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN

Does anyone actually use all those? I guess better too many, than not enough.

Cheers,
    Russ

If I didnt no better, id swear he was talking about me....
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • polkatese
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Phuz,

sorry bro, I thought you've been there. Here's the link in case google failed:

http://www.htguide.com/CFBoards/index.cfm?fuseaction=listings&CFB=1&forum=25

cheers...
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited January 2003
    Options
    It's going to hit the market in March.I've been waiting to see what it looks like.Well I'm not all juiced,no balanced out.Card frame I see,I wonder if a balanced card will be offered.4 Component,that can be very usefull.More digital in's cool.
    The screen on the fron t I assume will be for setup without video monitor.I can think of alot of uses for that.
    3k is the asking price from what I hear....we will see.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Component video inputs are definitely lacking on just about all receivers today. Most only have 2, gimme a break.
  • polkatese
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Phuz,
    Originally posted by phuz
    Nice. What else was there from Rotel? Any more details on the DVD player or upcoming stuff from Rotel?

this is according to Andrew Pratt of Club Rotel:
    The DVD player will be available late this spring time and sell for $899 US...it's the RDV 1060 with DVD Audio and has progressive scan.

hope it helps!
  • dylan
    dylan Posts: 453
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Hmm, my first thought on the new model is maybe the price on the rsp-1066 will come down...
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited January 2003
    Options
    The rsp1098 is not replacing the rsp1066,it's the new flagship processor.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.