Help! No midbase!

Options
ravaneli
ravaneli Posts: 530
edited April 2007 in Troubleshooting
Here is what I have in my Nissan Maxima

Head unit -- Kenwood 790 Excelon

4 x Polk Audio 6500 speakers on same locations as factory. Tweeters mounted high on the columns.

C-400 Polk Audio amp feeding the speakers only.

SPL5000 Pioneer mono amp . Tsunami 5 Fahrad capacitor feeding it.

SPL3000 Pioneer Sub

My Problem: I can't hear almost any mid frequencies through the speekers! All of my components are of high quality (and price) and I must have some settings wrong. Base is good and highs are loud and clean but no deam mids!

I have not used any filters on the head unit. The C-400 crossovers are set up to HP and 50hz. At 12 db. Gains are about 50%.

Any ideas for wrong settings appreciated. My old car had lower rated pioneer speakers and very cheap amp and no subs at all but the speakers were KICKING HARD. There is no reason this setup should do any worse.

Is there anyone from Chicagoland around? I would love to show my setup to someone and get advice. If really helpful I can pay too.

I put around $2K in audio and must have good sound. Help please.
BlueFox wrote: »
I have found that tube based computers provide the best sound quality. ENIAC and MANIAC I offer a smooth, well defined and articulated sound unmatched by the current silicon based CPUs. :wink:
But as in all things your perception is your reality.
Post edited by ravaneli on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,851
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Welcome to the forum.

Try posting your question in the On The Move section below.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk