Georgia Polkfest 07 Official Thread

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited March 2007
    This will be my first Polkfest and I am very much looking forward to coming. It will be nice to associate a face with the "namesake". Would I be hit with a hot cast Iron frying pan if I asked if I could bring some equipment? Richard Grey Pro 400, or the Rega Apollo?

If the pan's headed my way, disregard second sentence, first paragraph.:D

As I said......looking forward to it.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited March 2007
    Tick, Tick, Tick................everything is on track. Heard from HQ yesterday, they are looking forward to the Fest and mentioned having another additional member of the HQ crew joining us this year. Bigger, Better, Bolder, we are Club Polk.

As far as gear goes, we seem to be well equipped, with some very special pieces. One of the "downers" our past fest experience has shown us can occur is damage to equipment when it is changed out. I will most likely appoint official Rack Masters for gear changes, as this has proven to be effective, no offense meant to anyone, but there will be some high dollar gear in the racks for you to get your groove on. As this event is POLKFEST we will feature primarily Polk Speakers, of course the Amazings will be in the Woodshed Rig.

Those folks having special pieces they wish to bring please contact me via the club e-mail link. You should plan on bringing some music you like. You should plan on having fun. You should plan on having a drink, with ole RT1.

Starchaser (my brother) will be there, free rocket trips, no helmets required.

See you all soon. More info is on the way.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited March 2007
    Can't wait untill October. Already starting to look at flights but most cant book that far ahead yet.
  • reeltrouble1
    edited March 2007
    You know it Dave, hey, is Lou beefing up yet??????????:D

Wonder what BDT has left from last year, got to be some moldy stuff laying around somewhere.

I tried finding some D-lite, apparently there is a shortage, something about a burning in Texas.:D
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited March 2007
    We were going to use our Fairfield/RCI points but couldn't get closer than a two hour ride. So we started the hunt for local hotels and flights. The best deal out of Philly right now is $762 round trip with hotel for two. We'll keep posting good deals from our area if anyone wants to jump on them. The one mentioned was from orbitz.com.
  • Fireman32
    edited March 2007
    You know it Dave, hey, is Lou beefing up yet??????????:D

Wonder what BDT has left from last year, got to be some moldy stuff laying around somewhere.

I tried finding some D-lite, apparently there is a shortage, something about a burning in Texas.:D

If Lou beefs up any more we are going to have to get him 2 seats on the plane. :eek: Just kidding Lou. Me on the other hand have gained some weight since I quit smoking so I might be able to partake in the belly bucking contest yet. :D
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited March 2007
    IMO it maybe too early for the best deals on flights now. I never found the best deals until about 60-90 days away. Good to check and jump on anything that looks to good to pass up, but a sweeter deal could be around the corner.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    Fireman32 wrote:
    If Lou beefs up any more we are going to have to get him 2 seats on the plane. :eek: Just kidding Lou. Me on the other hand have gained some weight since I quit smoking so I might be able to partake in the belly bucking contest yet. :D

Your belly looks like a pimple compared to mine and Lou's! :D:p
  • reeltrouble1
    edited March 2007
    Fireman32 wrote:
    Me on the other hand have gained some weight since I quit smoking so I might be able to partake in the belly bucking contest yet. :D

You get caught between me and Lou there is not going to be much left, a little meat maybe and the rest rags.:D I will likely need to let the speedo out a bit by October after all I will be laying in my wintering belly stores.:)

RT1
  • Fireman32
    edited March 2007
    If you and Lou get in speedos you wont have to worry about me getting caught inbetween you guys. Ill be far away. :D
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited March 2007
    Maybe I should look at the cost of a flight to PF this year. Hell, it would probably only take me half a day to get there.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • reeltrouble1
    edited March 2007
    Go for it, YOU will be the first Canadien to attend a PF. Come on Down a day early.

RT1
  • janmike
    edited March 2007
    Canadian. The "French" guys spell it Canadien. Anyway I am working the logistics at this point but things are looking positive. I will let you know once I know. Ted, I used to go out with a "bell" from Savannah. Hope I do not meet her as the wife may not be too happy. Thanks for the extended invite.

Short trip. Yellowknife to Atlanta.
    Distance is 3827 kilometers or 2378 miles or 2067 nautical miles
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°
  • janmike
    edited March 2007
    Ok, done deal. I am coming to Polk Fest. It will be a long trip, but I am looking forward to meeting all of you that will be in attendance. Come on October. :):):)
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°
  • disneyjoe7
    edited March 2007
    Look forward to seeing some new faces myself. :)

Thank you for making it happen on our end.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• reeltrouble1
    edited March 2007
    Excellent and congrats on your new speakers. Polkfest is going International.

RT1
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited March 2007
    janmike wrote:
    Canadian. The "French" guys spell it Canadien. Anyway I am working the logistics at this point but things are looking positive. I will let you know once I know. Ted, I used to go out with a "bell" from Savannah. Hope I do not meet her as the wife may not be too happy. Thanks for the extended invite.

Count me out then, I can't deal with the french.

(joking):p
  • janmike
    edited March 2007
    It's English here all the way here my friend. ENGLISH!
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited March 2007
    janmike wrote:
    It's English here all the way here my friend. ENGLISH!

OH alright, I'll still come.
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    ENGLISH???? I can hardly understand Ted on the phone with the accent!!!! LOL
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited March 2007
    janmike wrote:

Really? Is that all? I thought it would be more than that! That's cool Mike!
    Carl

• hearingimpared
    edited March 2007
    schwarcw wrote:
    Really? Is that all? I thought it would be more than that! That's cool Mike!

Pittsburgh accents are easy. . .the sound coming out of your mouths always has an oooooooooo sound to it. :D:p Hey Joooooooooe, Oooooooh, noooooo. LOL
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,968
    edited March 2007
    I will so be there!

October 5-7...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • disneyjoe7
    edited March 2007
    I will so be there!

October 5-7...

Ok, but can you bring your wireless laptop this time? We love to see you too, you're a bit quiet in person. So I thinking we would love to read what you're thinking. ;)

Heck if you're really good with one of those web based cell phones watching your fingers fly over the that little keypad would be really cute. :cool:

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited March 2007
    Pittsburgh accents are easy. . .the sound coming out of your mouths always has an oooooooooo sound to it. :D:p Hey Joooooooooe, Oooooooh, noooooo. LOL

Joe, you are soooooo groooooovy! LOL!
    Carl

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,968
    edited March 2007
    I cant help I am quiet - I spoke alot more last time than I did in Baltimore though :)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited March 2007
    I spoke alot more last time than I did in Baltimore though

That's true, I remember you saying two words the entire time.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Fireman32
    edited March 2007
    Trey was quiet at the begining of the fest last year but by the end of the weekend he was a chatterbox.
  • disneyjoe7
    edited March 2007
    Trey, just messing with you :D

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited March 2007
    Trey is a solid dude. Quiet or not, he's hardcore.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut