box for MMC690

bobobob
bobobob Posts: 24
edited March 2007 in Custom Fabrication
I have a set of MMC690 in my 1996 Honda Civic. It sits in the stock location but this doesnt give a good sound. The guy at my local shop told me i should build a box around, and he let me listen to the setup he had in the shop. e had the mmc690 build in a box and ran it straight from the headunit. This sounded way better then the setup in my car wich is similar but without the box.

Did anyone build a box around some 6x9 if so, how big should this box be? If anyone could help me with this i could start building one soon.
Post edited by bobobob on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited January 2007
    If you liked the way the one at the shop sounded, get the specs from them and build it like that one.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • bobobob
    edited January 2007
    the problem is i've heard this a while ago, and since then the shop closed and moved. And i dont know where.

I remember they had a pretty big box around it. In the car i have (96 honda civic) i can't fit that big a box in there.
    So actually i want to know how big the box should be at the least.... (if thats correct english)!!??
  • mwh9
    mwh9 Posts: 51
    edited March 2007
    If you ever find a good enclosure for the 6x9's, please post it here, I am getting some of them today and will have to put them in boxes myself. If I find something that works well, I will post it here for you to read.

Mike
  • bobobob
    edited March 2007
    i did find a post about the measurements by using the search button, i'll try to find it again!