Georgia Polkfest 07 Official Thread

Comments

• disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited January 2007
    I beginning to think this maybe a large PF turn out, NICE :)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    edited January 2007
    definitely in
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited January 2007
    Is there a tentative date yet?
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited January 2007
    Post #21
    A bit of an update, although still a ways off, I did hear back from Al at HQ, he says anytime in October will work for them. To pick it and let him know so they can plan on it.

Sooooooo, I am thinking Oct. 5-7, October 8, is Columbus Day (a day off for me) so could extend the Fest or just do some stuff around the area.

What say all the Broham's??? Is this just a terrible date that I dont know about, school or something such???
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited January 2007
    apc--Polkfest's are generally three day events, beginning Friday afternoon through Sunday morning or so, they are a ball. Lots of music, gear, food, drinkand libations, you never who might show up in assless chaps, funny hats, or bikini bottoms. Most of all is enjoying meeting the others who frequent this board. The food is prepared by the Host and his merry band of helpers, not the least of whom is Ant'ny and his world famous sausage and peppers.

John--Airports in Jacksonville Fl. and Savannah Ga., also a smaller Jetport in Brunswick, serviced by Delta through Atlanta.

Sid--You are most welcome in my home, same rules as last year, dont worry 21 will come.

RT1--Looking forward and great to see so many familiar and new members planning on being here.
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited January 2007
    Insteresting (that is how my 6 year old says it)

My best friend lives in Brunswick. I might be able to swing a 2fer.
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited January 2007
    Those dates look good to me. This year I think i will fly instead of drive as Lou and I can split a rental car. Man im already getting pumped up for this. If it's anything like last year it will be a blast.
  • bert26
    bert26 Posts: 320
    edited January 2007
    Hey Ted -

I am IN and the Mrs. will be in tow as well.

Thanks for doing this and keep us posted!

Cheers!
    Chris
    HT Rig
    Polk SDA SRS 2.3tl - Anthem 2 SE
    Polk CSi5 - Adcom 555
    Polk Monitor 30 - HK DPR1005
    SVS PB12 ISD/2
    Denon DCD-1500II
    Sony SXRD 60"
    ShengYa CS-10

Basement Rig
    Polk SDA SRS2
    Carver 1.5t
    Carver C2
    Technics SLD202
    Some Other Sony DVD/CDP
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2007
    I might have to make this trip myself. I have some friends in college down there that I will probably visit after. Good music, expensive equipment, drinking, food, sounds like a great time to me.
  • reeltrouble1
    edited February 2007
    Great to see so many planning on being a part of the event. Looks like we may have more of the spouses this year.

Great!!!!!!

RT1
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,050
    edited February 2007
    How the hell did I miss this thread? Georgia is a much closer destination than previous PF's so I'm going to do everything in my power to make it this time around. Sounds like it's going to be a great time. Looking forward to it.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • shack
    edited February 2007
    heiney9 wrote:
    How the hell did I miss this thread? Georgia is a much closer destination than previous PF's so I'm going to do everything in my power to make it this time around. Sounds like it's going to be a great time. Looking forward to it.

Heiney9...I look forward to seeing you there.... However, have you looked at a map lately? Brunswick GA is SOUTH of Charleston SC (home of 2 of the last 3 PFs) and unless I'm mistaken further away from Illinois.

Maybe you've moved.

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • shack
    edited February 2007
    Great to see so many planning on being a part of the event. Looks like we may have more of the spouses this year.

Great!!!!!!

RT1

My wife has indicated that spending a weekend in a house with a bunch of drunk audio geeks is the LAST thing she would want to do. She states that ONE is more than enough. She'll pass.

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,050
    edited February 2007
    shack wrote:
    Heiney9...I look forward to seeing you there.... However, have you looked at a map lately? Brunswick GA is SOUTH of Charleston SC (home of 2 of the last 3 PFs) and unless I'm mistaken further away from Illinois.

Maybe you've moved.

LOL.....yea geography was never my strong point. For some reason I always think Georgia is the closer of the Southern states. Regardless, this is numero uno on my things to do this year.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • BaggedLancer
    edited February 2007
    Any decent hotels in the area to stay for the weekend?
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited February 2007
    Any decent hotels in the area to stay for the weekend?

Yes there are,,,, my wife and I are planning to stay on St. Simons for the week,,Can't wait to put some faces to the names,,,:)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • BaggedLancer
    edited February 2007
    Yes there are,,,, my wife and I are planning to stay on St. Simons for the week,,Can't wait to put some faces to the names,,,:)

Which hotel on St. Simons? I just googled it and it's showing there are alot to choose from. It's going to be just myself and I so something small should do the trick.
  • reeltrouble1
    edited February 2007
    We have more hotels than you can shake a stick at.

I will be posting up a logistics thread as time grows closer.

The Island is very nice, its about a 20-25 drive from my house. There are other very nice new hotels much closer at 5-10 minutes drive. The newest ones are at exit 38 off 95, Holiday Inn, Fairfied, Marriott, Country Inn,all offer suites and rooms, 15 minutes away is a Embassy suites which is attached to the Mall.

There are closer hotels at Exit 36 off of 95, they are a bit older but still nice, everything from super 8, motel 6, comfort Inn, and so on, these are 3-5 minutes from my house.

Shack==Just get her a room at the Sea Island Cloister, she will bath in luxury, and you get the honor of paying her bill. After all the woman did agree to sleep with you. Other upscale rooms at the King and Prince on St. Simons, very nice.

RT1
  • BaggedLancer
    edited February 2007
    Yea if I go I will definately need to be close as possible since renting a car probably won't be an option for me since I'm not 25(only 21). Unless, can you rent cars at 21 near you? Up here it's 25+.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    edited February 2007
    Thanks Ted for extending your house to me - Im looking forwards to coming...

Hopefully I can hitch a resting spot on your floor.

Will be fun/
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • reeltrouble1
    edited February 2007
    OK, the Official Dates of the Polkfest are October 5-7, 2007.

I have had some inquiries from our younger members about coming. You are welcome, with some stipulations:

Under age 21, no alcohol, period, no exceptions.
    Under age 18, I absolutely must speak with your parent/guardian and get written permission for you to attend.

Mark your calenders and make your plans, I will put up a logistics thread in a few days.

Looking forward to it and hosting all of you at the casa de trouble'.

RT1
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited February 2007
    Yea if I go I will definately need to be close as possible since renting a car probably won't be an option for me since I'm not 25(only 21). Unless, can you rent cars at 21 near you? Up here it's 25+.

RT1 he's really 17 watch him. . . make sure you get that permission slip from his mom. LOL;) :D
  • BaggedLancer
    edited February 2007
    I'll bring my ID!
  • hearingimpared
    edited February 2007
    I'll bring my ID!

ID is too easy to falsify. You must bring your birth certificate with the raised seal and an affidavit from your mom describing the exact position and size of the mole on your rear end.:eek: ;):D
  • BaggedLancer
    edited February 2007
    ID is too easy to falsify. You must bring your birth certificate with the raised seal and an affidavit from your mom describing the exact position and size of the mole on your rear end.:eek: ;):D

And lemme guess, you wanna be the one to confirm it's true :D
  • hearingimpared
    edited February 2007
    And lemme guess, you wanna be the one to confirm it's true :D

ROTFLMRO!!! Touche!:D
  • BaggedLancer
    edited February 2007
    ROTFLMRO!!! Touche!:D

That's what I thought. ID it is!
  • BaggedLancer
    edited February 2007
    Anyone from the New England area interested in traveling together? Could work out a flight/car rental if we end up staying at the same or near hotels.
  • TennesseeOutlaw
    TennesseeOutlaw Posts: 414
    edited February 2007
    Well, Ive missed this thread for awhile.. Id love to attend.. I would have a friend with me (she is in a wheelchair/can use a walker though) would that be a problem? Any type of accessibility issues? What could we bring to help the host (food)?

Thanks,

Josh
  • reeltrouble1
    edited February 2007
    T-O.

Dang. Unfortunately, the house is not very wheelchair friendly. You have to be able to somehow get up 16 stairs to get to the main living level, then stairs to a top floor and stairs to a bottom floor to get off it.

I suppose the main level would not be a problem once she reached it as its a pretty open floor plan.

If you decide to come, don't worry about food, just about enjoying yourselves.

RT1

RT1