Georgia Polkfest 07 Official Thread

reeltrouble1
reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
edited December 2007 in Gatherings & Special Events
Official Dates of the Fest are October 5-7, 2007

I am very excited about hosting this 07 event. I am anticipating sometime around the Traditional October Polkfest days we have been accustomed to. So as time gets a bit closer of course more information will be forthcoming.

The fest will be in Brunswick Ga., exit 36B off of I-95, zip is 31523 for those interested in mapping a route. You can e-mail me through the club e-mail icon for more detailed info if you need it. Airports are in Jacksonville Fl. and Savannah Ga., the major carriers fly in and many good fares are available, particularily through Jacksonville Fl. There are many good hotels very close to my home and I will be posting some up in a seperate logistics thread later on. Hotel prices here are quite reasonable.

Now then, those attending can expect the Southern Hospitality Ga. is known for. Lots of good food, drink and plenty of merryment. Anthony will be bringing the sausage, fine potato salad, a Country Boil just to name a few things. Of course All members and their families are invited. I have a good sized home and expect all will fit in just fine.

You can expect at least three different listening room, all on different levels of the house.

Rig #1 will be the Downstairs Woodshed rig, tubed pre/solid state power with several sources and the Amazings as the primary speaker.

Rig #2 will be on the main level, the Reel Time Rig will go Two Channel only, tubed pre with ss power, speakers will be the larger Polk SDA type along with other floor standers.

Rig #3 will be on the top level in a 17x17 bedroom converted for the event, ss and tubed pre, tubed power, with various sources. This rig will be focused on being more intimate with bookshelf and smaller floor standers.

I could also do an HT in another room, maybe with the surround bar if there is interest.

There will likely be a cans rig and at least one outside rig more likely two, I have large long 50' porches on the front and back of the home. Look for the Isonic in one of these rigs.

Most of all, Polkfest is about fellowship with members, its a Party, time to relax and have fun. I look forward to seeing old friends and meeting others who I know by Screen Name. If you have not been able to make one of these, please try to come, it really is amazing to meet all these guys. Polkfest is one of the big things that makes the Club different from typical forums.

Come one, Come all and have a Ball.

RT1
Post edited by reeltrouble1 on

Comments

• hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited January 2007
    Awesome
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2007
    Sounds good, I've been to Ted's and it's an optimal location.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited January 2007
    Ted count me in.
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited January 2007
    I am, like, so there.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited January 2007
    I've never been to one of these and I've only met Noel (ND13), Michael (McLoki), Ron(Rskarvan) and Joeparaski(Joeparaski) :)

I look forward to meet all you guys; will do my best to make it this time.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited January 2007
    I'm there.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited January 2007
    WOW! Sounds great Ted! Thanks for your generous hospitality to the Forum members. I hope that my schedule will permit me to attend.:confused: I have it on my calendar!:D
    Carl

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited January 2007
    What room will I setup a rig in, and sign 8x10's and copies of my new book 'Happily Ever After in Mid-Fi Land'?

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited January 2007
    I'm in
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited January 2007
    A swell encounter. What are the firework rules this year?

inski :)
  • disneyjoe7
    edited January 2007
    LET'S SET GEORGIA ablaze is the rule of the day. ;)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited January 2007
    Comon guys lets not make me go to work while im down there.
  • disneyjoe7
    edited January 2007
    Bring your hat bud....

Just kidding.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited January 2007
    Excellent!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• reeltrouble1
    edited January 2007
    Ahhhhhhhh cool to see all of you.

Gotta check on the Fireworks, its a definete MAYBE!!!!

I am trying line up a pedicure chick for Russ, to do his toes while he signs glossy auto's for everyone, outside chance the mrs will allow a temporary pole and one of ladies from the Brunswick Ballet to perform as well. We will put a big X on the door to that room, not sure everyone coming can read.

Gotta love Polkfest, note to self, check homeowners policy...........

RT1
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,163
    edited January 2007
    PF in Brunswick? Oh yeah! I'll definetly have to put this on the calender and get down there.

Ted, just tell me your not downwind of the pulp mill and/or the Hercules plant. I also hope you wait for gnat season to die off before hosting! St. Simmons is a fun place to stay too! Not the nice beach like Jeckyl, but cheaper to stay and more places to grab a beer. I haven't been down that way in quite a few years, but I have fond memories of the visit.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • disneyjoe7
    edited January 2007
    8 months away and Ted is PUMPED got too love it. :D

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited January 2007
    Born and raised in Marietta.... I'd say it's about time for a homecoming. I imagine I have some ducks to start lining-up.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • DAGLJAM6
    DAGLJAM6 Posts: 635
    edited January 2007
    fine potato salad

I'm in!
  • reeltrouble1
    edited January 2007
    A bit of an update, although still a ways off, I did hear back from Al at HQ, he says anytime in October will work for them. To pick it and let him know so they can plan on it.

Sooooooo, I am thinking Oct. 5-7, October 8, is Columbus Day (a day off for me) so could extend the Fest or just do some stuff around the area.

What say all the Broham's??? Is this just a terrible date that I dont know about, school or something such???

RT1

RT1
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited January 2007
    Early October, staying ahead of the fall industry trade shows and hunting seasons works great for me! I might be conflict free this year! Georgia is a lot easier for me to get to than the east coast for a weekend. Thanks for putting this together. I'm in as of now! Doug.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • disneyjoe7
    edited January 2007
    Those dates are ok for me. :)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    edited January 2007
    I know my school says it's in session on Columbus day but, we are out for a fall break the 16-21, that may help us college kids but not you workers (though you get vacation). Though, I'm really not sure how many colleges even do this.
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited January 2007
    I've got my annual pedicure that weekend. :D
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited January 2007
    Count me in!! Hopefully I can make this one. I hated to miss last years.

As for dates, the MECA competition season hasnt been totally ironed out yet and thats the time of year the season starts winding down and they start having state finals and all so I dont know what Ill have going on then. But I would love to make this one!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    edited January 2007
    I just got off the phone with my dad and it seems we may both be making the trip - staying in a house on Jekyll. So thats tentatively 2 more for your pre-pre-pre roster :)

And again, as everyone has said, thanks for hosting it this year.
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,163
    edited January 2007
    Sounds like its coming together. I've got Columbus Day off too, but my wife will have to work. Hopefully we can make it.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited January 2007
    I'll definitely try to make this one.

Ted, in the coming months, can you get hotel and airline info. What is the closest airport and how far?

Eff the driving thing this time around!

John
    No excuses!
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2007
    If those dates stand Phyllisann and I will be able to make. . . I can't wait to see all you ugly mugs!!!:p
  • apc
    apc Posts: 779
    edited January 2007
    This would be a homecoming for me. I grew up on St. Simons and we visit friends there that same week every year. It's Fall break for our school in Alabama and we hit the road.

Is this a one day affair? Details please when available. For anyone who has not been to the Golden Isles, it is a treat for the senses. Historic, beautiful, great restaurants...I can smell the ocean already.

PS - Not to step on anyone's plans, but if catering a Low Country Boil is in order PM me. My best friend is in the restaurant business.
    Husband, Father, Son, Brother, Friend.