i think my dvd player died

goingganzo
goingganzo Posts: 2,793
edited December 2002 in Electronics
i get a reeor message everytime i put in a disk and i tryed to clean the dvd player but it dident work. here is my problem would it be cheaper to fix or just throw it out and get a new one with progresave scan ?
i am heading tward geting a new one i figure i can get a good one for around 150-200
toshiba SD4800
toshiba SD3800
Onkyo DV-SP500
Post edited by goingganzo on

Comments

• MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited December 2002
    bury it
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2002
    I like both the Toshibas that you mentioned or the Panasonic RP62 or RP82. Since I don't have an HDTV I don't need a progressive player. I looked at the Toshiba SD4800 and the Panasonic RP82 because they both do DVD-A and I was interested in that format. I decided to just stay with SACD so ended up not getting either but they are both good players with excellent picture quality.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • liv4fam
    liv4fam Posts: 311
    edited December 2002
    What discs are you putting in it? Are you trying CD-R'S and CD-RW'S? Your player might not be compatible.

Explain a little more and maybe we can save it.

If not throw it out.
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited December 2002
    well back to my first post, if it is broke - I suggest burrying it. :lol:
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited December 2002
    dvd players are the worst made electronic devices ever
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited December 2002
    no...the vcr is...aha
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • jdavy
    jdavy Posts: 380
    edited December 2002
    DVD players are only as good as the build quality. Hey a $59 player will not last like one for $1000 or even $600. Do get progressive scan. Some day you will have a TV that will use it. Sony, Pioneer, Toshiba and Panasonic are the manufacturs that I would consicer first.
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited December 2002
    Ya - these idiots running out to Wal-Mart to buy their after Thanksgiving $48 dvd players. All I can do is smile. Suckers!!!!
    :lol:
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited December 2002
    aha, I will only spend around 130 dollars min. on a dvd player - 300 dollars max.
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • goingganzo
    edited December 2002
    it wont play any disc that i put in it dvd or cd this are what i am cosidering now

Harman Kardon DVD 25 250
    Onkyo DV-SP500 200
    Onkyo DV-SP300 150
    toshiba SD4800 180

can any one else recomend a dvd player besides sony that is in my price range anything under 300
  • burdette
    burdette Posts: 1,194
    edited December 2002
    Crutchfield is having some pretty good sales on DVD players and changers. My sis bought a Kenwood changer from them a few months ago and is happy.

Some players have only a 3/12 warranty.. some are 12/12. I know it isn't a hard and fast rule, but I do find myself feeling a little better about a component if the manufacturer is willing to put a longer warranty than the standard - assuming the manufacturer is reputable, meaning they will actually be around for the warranty period!
  • goingganzo
    edited December 2002
    i did it i got the Harman Kardon DVD 25 for 200 have to update the old website and the system showcase