i think my dvd player died

goingganzogoingganzo Posts: 2,797
edited December 2002 in Electronics
i get a reeor message everytime i put in a disk and i tryed to clean the dvd player but it dident work. here is my problem would it be cheaper to fix or just throw it out and get a new one with progresave scan ?
i am heading tward geting a new one i figure i can get a good one for around 150-200
toshiba SD4800
toshiba SD3800
Onkyo DV-SP500
Gonzo's World
BenQ 8700+
115in screen
PS3,X-Box 360 and Wii
Sunfire Theater Grand III
ADCOM GFA-7607
four avalanch 18 subs 26.12l of displacement
Crown xti 4000
Post edited by goingganzo on

Comments

• MxStYlEpOlKmAnMxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited December 2002
    bury it
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • shackshack Posts: 11,284
    edited December 2002
    I like both the Toshibas that you mentioned or the Panasonic RP62 or RP82. Since I don't have an HDTV I don't need a progressive player. I looked at the Toshiba SD4800 and the Panasonic RP82 because they both do DVD-A and I was interested in that format. I decided to just stay with SACD so ended up not getting either but they are both good players with excellent picture quality.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • liv4famliv4fam Posts: 311
    edited December 2002
    What discs are you putting in it? Are you trying CD-R'S and CD-RW'S? Your player might not be compatible.

Explain a little more and maybe we can save it.

If not throw it out.
    I sense much dishonesty in you...............Sense much fear in you.
    Lead you down the dark path they will.
    edited December 2002
    well back to my first post, if it is broke - I suggest burrying it. :lol:
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • fireshoesfireshoes Posts: 3,212
    edited December 2002
    dvd players are the worst made electronic devices ever
    edited December 2002
    no...the vcr is...aha
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • jdavyjdavy Posts: 380
    edited December 2002
    DVD players are only as good as the build quality. Hey a $59 player will not last like one for $1000 or even $600. Do get progressive scan. Some day you will have a TV that will use it. Sony, Pioneer, Toshiba and Panasonic are the manufacturs that I would consicer first.
    Polk Fan/Nut
    SDA SRS (Original) (2-channel home stereo) RT800i, CS400i, FX500i w/h Harmon Kardon 7000 & Sony DVP9000ES (Home Theater) & DX3065, DX10, SDA-ACM (Car system)
  • scottvampscottvamp Posts: 3,297
    edited December 2002
    Ya - these idiots running out to Wal-Mart to buy their after Thanksgiving $48 dvd players. All I can do is smile. Suckers!!!!
    :lol:
    PS3 and HD Front Projection, life is good. Too bad Blu-Ray and the PS3 are already obsolete.....:rolleyes:
    edited December 2002
    aha, I will only spend around 130 dollars min. on a dvd player - 300 dollars max.
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • goingganzogoingganzo Posts: 2,797
    edited December 2002
    it wont play any disc that i put in it dvd or cd this are what i am cosidering now

Harman Kardon DVD 25 250
    Onkyo DV-SP500 200
    Onkyo DV-SP300 150
    toshiba SD4800 180

can any one else recomend a dvd player besides sony that is in my price range anything under 300
    Gonzo's World
    BenQ 8700+
    115in screen
    PS3,X-Box 360 and Wii
    ADCOM GFA-7607
    Crown xti 4000
  • burdetteburdette Posts: 1,205
    edited December 2002
    Crutchfield is having some pretty good sales on DVD players and changers. My sis bought a Kenwood changer from them a few months ago and is happy.

Some players have only a 3/12 warranty.. some are 12/12. I know it isn't a hard and fast rule, but I do find myself feeling a little better about a component if the manufacturer is willing to put a longer warranty than the standard - assuming the manufacturer is reputable, meaning they will actually be around for the warranty period!
    HT: Denon 1910, LG blu-ray, Def Tech ProCinema 100s, Stryke 12" sonosub.
    LR: Onkyo TX-84 (original owner), Aiwa AD-F850 (original owner), Philips TT (old school, 2nd owner), Philips CD (cheap-o), Monitor 5jr+ (original owner - actually, my wife is the original owner; she bought them new when we were dating - sealed the deal).
    Xbox 360/Wii/Kids: Old school huge Sony HD TV, Sherwood RD-6500, Philips DVD, pair Def Tech ProCinema 100.
  • goingganzogoingganzo Posts: 2,797
    edited December 2002
    i did it i got the Harman Kardon DVD 25 for 200 have to update the old website and the system showcase
    Gonzo's World
    BenQ 8700+
    115in screen
    PS3,X-Box 360 and Wii
    ADCOM GFA-7607
    Crown xti 4000