Deal Of A Lifetime; Opinions Needed For Receiver

dthomps
dthomps Posts: 352
edited December 2002 in Electronics
Well, proud to report an excellent weekend all due to the score of the century on some awesome Polks. I just bought a pair of rt2000i's, a pair of f/x 500i's, and a cs400 all in excellent shape cosmetically, but one of the f/x's needs a woofer. The best part (yep, even better than the sound :) ) is I got all this for $575... :D:D:D man oh man way too good to pass up!!! I am giving the cs400 to my dad to replace his cs245i, but am keeping the rest. would a cs1000 be too overpowering for this setup? :)
what I really need help with is choosing a receiver. I am considering Onkyo, Denon, and Yamaha. I dont want to spend too much, but need adequate power for these monsters. I have been strongly considering the avr-3801 (Denon), but I really want to know if there is any other receiver I should consider as well? thanks very much in advance for any help everyone and take it easy. Cheers, Mike
Post edited by dthomps on

Comments

• Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited December 2002
    Check out the Pioneer Elite VSX-47TX.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • mark g. nelson
    mark g. nelson Posts: 134
    edited December 2002
    Yes check out the Elite line. Also the CS1000P would be great with the 2000's. I'm love my Family room setup. 2000 fronts 1000 center 1000i rears 1200 sub. I can adjust for perfect output and plenty of headroom on the low end.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    edited December 2002
    2nd that on the cs1000p...man for what you spent on your speakers.....do it up......good for you......

The receiver I would choose would be a Denon avr3803.Its the new kid on the block and you won't have to upgrade for awhile.If saving bucks is your game,try and scoop up a avr3802,they are going disco and you'll save a ton......again.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • jrausch
    jrausch Posts: 510
    edited December 2002
    Nice score!! Who said crack is bad thing? You get the best deals on stuff because of it. :lol:
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited December 2002
    I mean it!! hope its not all stolen for that price.... I'f its to good to be true becareful i always say. Great deal though
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • dthomps
    dthomps Posts: 352
    edited December 2002
    I bought these speeakers from an older gentlemen who was moving, and needed to sell them. He had forgotten how much he had paid when they were new so he actually upped the price just after I emailed him, so he said to be fair he would let me have them for the original price if I was interested. He had this all set up around a cool widescreen TV he was selling as well (upgraded to plasma) so it was just a right place right time kinda thing. I jumped on it so quick that I only took my 2 door Accord to pick them up, too :) Talk about a tight squeeze!! Cheers and have a great night everyone.
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited December 2002
    Great! atleast you know johnny law won't be asking for them back in a few months, LOL good for you though
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited December 2002
    Originally posted by faster100
    ....atleast you know johnny law won't be asking for them back in a few months....

All I can say is EFF johnny law if he ever came to take anything back from me...... :D
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.