Something For Their Asses

Options
2»

Comments

• DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited October 2006
    Options
    That gel would be a good thing to try for the flat keystone area above my door. I wouldn't want to use it for the step at my front door. Although, I have considered gluing down some of those sticky mouse trap sheets so that the bird(s) could be "detained" long enough for me to walk up and shoot 'em.

Years of "Roadrunner" cartoons have prepared me for this challenge.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited October 2006
    Options
    That gel would be a good thing to try for the flat keystone area above my door. I wouldn't want to use it for the step at my front door. Although, I have considered gluing down some of those sticky mouse trap sheets so that the bird(s) could be "detained" long enough for me to walk up and shoot 'em.

Years of "Roadrunner" cartoons have prepared me for this challenge.

I hope you have more sucess than Wile E. Coyote . . . super genius!!! LOL
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited October 2006
    Options
    When I first read the title of this thread I thought" Oh great! Another thread about Brett's sex life."

:D
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Using a rat trap, or any other type of trap, might only injure or maim the birds. If such methods did result in their death, it would probably be a slow and painful one.

My experience with rat traps is that they instantly snapped their neck. I don't think you can get a quicker death than that. Wow I sound like a ****.:p dismiss the thought of a rat trap.

I'll tell you this though I would have no problem having the "feathered rats" in this city exterminated. I have to agree with GG in that department about Philly.
  • DarqueKnight
    edited October 2006
    Options
    My experience with rat traps is that they instantly snapped their neck.

I envisioned the bird landing on the trap or landing near the trap and tripping it with its feet, thus getting caught in a very uncomfortable situation. Of course, I would have to secure the trap in order that the bird couldn't fly off with it still attached.
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I envisioned the bird landing on the trap or landing near the trap and tripping it with its feet, thus getting caught in a very uncomfortable situation. Of course, I would have to secure the trap in order that the bird couldn't fly off with it still attached.

Raife if you do it like Wile E. Coyote I can picture the bird landing on the snap, tripping it then being rocketed into the ceiling flattening out with a SPLAT!!!:D
  • Polkersince85
    Polkersince85 Posts: 2,883
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I have seen (wink,wink) a weed cutter electric fence charger eliminate squirrel issues. Metal plate and bowl need a path for the charge to flow.
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • DarqueKnight
    edited October 2006
    Options
    The squirrels in my back yard are generally well behaved. I have never had any problems with them.
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2006
    Options
    The squirrels in my back yard are generally well behaved. I have never had any problems with them.

They are actually cute. The squirrels around here are nuisance around this time of the year, they get cold and invade attics and crawl spaces and can keep ya up late at night running around. Once every year or two one dies up there and stinks up the place. Glad yours are well behaved and cute.:)
  • DarqueKnight
    edited November 2006
    Options

I ordered three tubes of the BirdX, although, I have not seen any sign of the birds for two weeks. I have to admit, the "gothic" look of the spikes has grown on me. Plus, I KNOW the spikes are a 100% effective deterrent and it is a solution that does not require reapplication (the BirdX repellant gel is supposed to be effective for 1 year).

I am leaning towards just leaving the spikes up there until I sell the house.:)