monster cable

tiger763
tiger763 Posts: 10
I was wondering if the monster cable is the best brand of cable to buy?Alot of people seem to use it.I have audio research cable it seems good to me.Is the monster more for higher end systems.
R30 towers
csi130 centre
strde985 sony reciever
psw350 sub
R15 surrounds
135 rear center
36Hs500 hd sony
415 dvd sony:D
Post edited by tiger763 on

Comments

• Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited November 2002
    Depends on what cables you are asking about. Speaker or component interconnects? A lot of people swear by Monster Cables, others (myself included) feel that you are paying for the name more than performance. I use primarily AR interconnects and am satisfied with the results that I get.

The High-End Cable debate is one that has gone on for a long time and will never end. I've even read about people that audition various cable and claim that they can here a substantial difference between different brands, I guess they have better hearing than I do.

Depending on who you buy from, you might be able to audition some of these in your own home and see what, if any, difference they make.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • tiger763
    edited November 2002
    I was talking about component cables and subwoofer cables.I have ar for a sub cable seems to work well.The difference in price for monster it quite alot.If it is that much better then it would be worth it.
    I also have a coax out on the dvd so I used that instead of the link out.Is there any difference bettween the two?
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited November 2002
    I like to use the toslik because i believe that you get a cleaner (pure) signal. As for monster cables sounding better, I say no, but like I said earlier, some people swear by them. The key word here is "If."
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • tiger763
    edited November 2002
    Tks for reply!The toslink is light beam and coax is not?Coax out is new to me as it was on my dvd when I bought it and reciever also.It seemed like a nicer fit than toslink.I will buy one and see if there is any difference.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited November 2002
    O man the digital shoot revisited.........dude don't waste you money on this shootout......there is no sonic difference I heard,I conducted this test 2 many times with 2 many different setups.I say it makes no difference...anywhere....I tried to convince myself that coax would be the better choice.Optical never let me down.....what ever cable you own now is fine...as long as it of good quality.both sides of the fence.

Monstercable has been making great sounding cables for a very long time.You'll find it in just about every single audio video store in the country.....Now finding the correct cables for your system is the hard part.2 give to all call it an allowance,take 10 to 20 percent of your systems total cost,then use about that much money on systems cables......it works for the most part.

I looked over your system and I could make some reccomdations for Monster.......
    M350 series for audio cables......Maybe Monster standard video,speaker cable I'd use XP.Not crazy expensive but will give you honest performance and last a very long time.

debate on which brand of cables for a given system is tough.....I feel any non reference....or even reference level of system could benifit from Monster when using the correct level of wire.Other brands do a better job in some areas like audio......analog.....but you'll pay tons more......

My take on Monstecable as I have alot of experience with alot of different brands........Monstercable is the one line that other companies guage there perfomance off of.They all try to outperform Monster.......some even us it as a selling technic....But My opnion about wire is Monster is really hard to beat at the same price point.........
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • liv4fam
    liv4fam Posts: 311
    edited November 2002
    I think Monster cable is fine for every system no matter of the cost of the electronics or speakers as Monster has something for everyone.
    As for your system I would recommend using M350 interconnects, MCX premade speaker cables, and a M300 subwoofer interconnect cable, and M500 video cables............For top performance of your equipment.

Monster Cable IMO makes a great product and I think dollar for dollar they cannot be matched.
    I just upgraded from MCX premades to M2.2's premade speaker cables for Left, Center, and Right and the difference in sound quality and performance is outstanding.
  • mantis
    edited November 2002
    I'll fall into the it's one of the best for the money class.
    Dan
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited November 2002
    Monster's scare me ! (But, cable is cable and these seem to be more heavy duty than most). Eh, WTF, buy it !
  • mantis
    edited November 2002
    agreed..what do you have to loose?
    Dan
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited November 2002
    "what do you have to lose?" Speak and spell bro.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• jdavy
    jdavy Posts: 380
    edited November 2002
    There are a lot of good cable companies. I use Monster but I have found that thier top cables are the ones you want when driving good equipment. The lower end cables are only average. I noticed the biggest difference when I went from original monster cable to Powerline II for the SDA-SRS. The speakers came alive. Remember the longer the distance your cable or wire travels, the better shielding you need from your cable. Got to go change a diaper for my son.