SDA1 Interconnect Cable Lost

Options
joseph herman
joseph herman Posts: 9
edited July 2007 in Troubleshooting
We've just completed our 5th move with our SDA1s...and the Interconnect cable was lost during the move...:mad:

They've been refinshed once, and still work beautifully...How do I find/make a new one..not a Hi-Fi techie, so please give me "Advice For A Dummy".

Thanks,
Post edited by joseph herman on

Comments

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited July 2006
    Options
    Hi Joseph!

If you have the blade/blade interconnect cable, you can purchase one from Polk Customer Service for about $30. If you have the pin/blade, just connect a 14 gauge wire into each pin between the two speakers. The blade connection on the pin/blade is there to hold the connector in place and doesn't really have an operational function.
    Carl

• joseph herman
    edited July 2006
    Options
    Carl,

Thanks. I just looked at the back of each speaker...There are two round male side-by-side pin plugs in the top half of the round socket, and one female pin receptacle centered below them on the bottom.

No blade?

Joe
  • schwarcw
    edited July 2006
    Options
    Does the rear of your SDA1 look like the attached picture?
    Carl

• joseph herman
    edited July 2006
    Options
    Exactly like that
  • schwarcw
    edited July 2006
    Options
    Hi Joe!

****! Like F1 said in the Vintage Speaker Forum, this is going to require a little work. Contact Ken Swauger Call 1-800-377-7655 during normal US east coast business hours, Monday - Friday. The cable is not going to be a problem, the connectors might be a little tricky. Ken can give you some guidance. Sorry I can't give you an easier way.

Welcome to the Club Polk Forum! Let us know how it turns out!

Carl
    Carl

• joseph herman
    edited July 2006
    Options
    Thanks everybody

I'll call tomorrow and let you know how it worked out.