Refurb'd Denon 5803 for $7-800.......should I?

2»

Comments

• nascarmann
    nascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited September 2002
    Denon will probably terminate his contract to represent them as authorized dealer.

Why is this? You going to call them and rant like you have here....
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2002
    Pete, I dunno, as far as refurbs go, I don't think Denon could say squat. They are all over ubid (hell, I got my 1801 for 199 two years ago) and other places as well.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited September 2002
    Maybe I haven't understood your apparent anger with regard to this post Peter........

Is what I'm seeing actually misplaced anger to cover up your jealousy? The clinical term might be something close to retail envy........ :D

I'm getting this direct from the wholesaler, so I'm not paying some sales persons commission, rent for a showroom, electrical bills, etc.......

Anyway, the order has been placed and, God willing, I should have it in my hands on Friday. I suppose if I told you that I was getting a brand new Monster HTS5100 for $200 that would piss ya off too, right? <<shrug>> oh well...........
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • nascarmann
    nascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited September 2002
    I suppose if I told you that I was getting a brand new Monster HTS5100 for $200 that would piss ya off too, right? <<shrug>> oh well...........

It's pissin me off.....:D
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!
  • brettw22
    edited September 2002
    Originally posted by nascarmann
    It's pissin me off.....:D

yet again.............. OH WELL!!!!!!!! :lol:
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited September 2002
    Looks guys, may be I should put my .02 cents in to this to get the conversation go this far. I just don't believe your story, that's all. I wish you all the luck in the world and hope you get what you ordered. You can also make $200 to $300 profit instantly if you want because I will offer to buy it from you for $1000, I only ask if you include the original bill of sale with it. Nothing personal...

Troy, you're are correct, I have no contest on your statement, sorry about your new DVD man, I have another pair of the MC M cable sit and collect dust in the closet.

Hey nascarmann, I did get the brand new HTS 5100 for less than $200, so pissing off is not an issue here... cheers...:)
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited September 2002
    dosnt a 5803 or whatever cost 4000 5000 store price...that must of been one messed up machine and been fixed up to drop down to 700 dollars...thats sorda like getting a 500 dollar speaker for 700 dollars..
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • NDTA
    NDTA Posts: 83
    edited September 2002
    No, I think based on what they said here, you get it for 25 cents on a dollar. Must be one of a real F*** machine that they (Denon) don't want to see it any more. Still it'sd one heck of a deal if it's true...I say go get it and hold on to it....and have a good dream....
  • jrausch
    jrausch Posts: 510
    edited September 2002
    Deals can be had. I just landed a new pair of $430 Def Tech inwalls for a $100 off of e-bay. Just one of those things that was poorly advertised and few were looking. :D
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."
  • brettw22
    edited September 2002
    It's not as if this is ONE unit that is out there. Hell......Harman Kardon used to have a store up north of Phoenix a bit that sold nothing but refurbed stuff, and the deals were excellent, thus my DVD50 and the CDR2.

Going through a wholesaler/distributor is just cutting the retail out of it and attacking it from a cost standpoint.

I'll letcha know what i see tomorrow when I'm supposed to go and pick the thing up.
  • Janusch
    Janusch Posts: 132
    edited September 2002
    I did feel good about the deal I got on a Denon 5800 ($1600) a month ago, and was thinking about upgrading it for to the 5803
    for $800 because of all the money I saved.

Now I come to find out that I could have gotten the 5803 for just the upgrade price. I think I'm going to cry in some beer over the weekend while listening to my outdated peice of .....
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2002
    See, that's one of the reasons I like good ol' 2.0. No worries about not having the latest and greatest.......

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • brettw22
    edited September 2002
    Ever have friends/acquaintances that are such flakes that you wanna kick their **** on a weekly basis?

Dumba$$ got stuck at work with the DM at his store and couldn't get away so now it'll be at least another week until I have a chance to get in and pick up my equipment.

Anyway, just wanted to vent how PISSED I am. Maybe I'm dilusional in thinking that I'm a patient person........:)
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited October 2002
    well...are you a happy guy after all???
  • brettw22
    edited October 2002
    I've been out of town for a few week in Kansas City and haven't been home to deal with the whole thing. He says that he has it, but I'm just waiting for somethin to come up and delay my picking it up..........

I'll let y'all know when I get it and how it works.......