Has anybody seen this 1?
***WAREMTAE***
Post edited by HBombToo on

Comments

• trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited September 2002
    HB2-

I have owned this DVD player for over a year.
    Dropped in price from $1900. to $1200 and finally to $699. new in box at the good guys.
    Plays cd, cdr, dvd audio, has the 5 channel decoder built in.
    Heavy as a tank, copper wrapped chasis.

Nice unit.
    Get one if you can.

-Luc
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited September 2002
    Thanks trubluluc. what is at the good guys?
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • nascarmann
    nascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited September 2002
    Good Guys is a store....
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!
  • HBombToo
    edited September 2002
    Nascarmann, what is your opinion of this dvd player? I really like the Yammie though...
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • nascarmann
    nascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited September 2002
    Nascarmann, what is your opinion of this dvd player? I really like the Yammie though...

Hell fire.......everyone has there opinoion of equipment? I'll take the Yammie please....;)
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!
  • trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited September 2002
    HB2-

I think they are long gone from the Goodguys.
    You could try at www.goodguys.com
    Might find it through www.mysimon.com

good luck,

-Luc
  • liv4fam
    liv4fam Posts: 311
    edited September 2002
    yeah it sucks. don't buy it
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2002
    spoken like a true professional....

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • liv4fam
    edited September 2002
    i have installed this player more than any of you have ever seen the thing and my opinion is that it has crappy build quality because if you put on Monster M1000V video wires and take them off they pull of rca sleeve of the player. Secondly the internal dac's sound worse than Sony's, and Third the video isn't half of that of the Denon DVD-2800 of DV-37 or 38A. Is that professional enough for ya Troy? Come on man let's hear some of YOUR personal experiences with equipment stop reading reviews online and tell me what YOU think. I want to hear YOUR review on the untouchable DQ-10's, don't post that there classics and sought after by audiophiles tell me what you hear. Bring it on Billy Badass.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2002
    blah blah blah blah blah
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • TroyD
    edited September 2002
    First, get your search on. I've posted my thoughts about the DQ-10's more than once as I have about a lot of the other gear that I actually own. Second, what would the point be? You have never heard them and I surmise could really care less what I or anyone else think about them.

Lastly, is there any gear that IS worthy of your discerning standards? I can't recall any instance where you actually praised a piece of gear.

BDT
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited September 2002
    the video isn't half of that of the Denon DVD-2800 of
    good call liv4fam, a thread about a Wal-Mart Toshiba;) all over it and a thread about a high quality unit like the Denon 2800 and it's crikets. :confused:
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    edited September 2002
    I have done side by side tests with the Toshiba 9200 and the Denon 2800.....The Denon wins hands down.The Toshiba is smeary looking and blurry.Bad player like all the rest of the toshiba line.
    The Denon 2800 is crystal clear.One of the very best players for the cash
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • liv4fam
    edited September 2002
    TROY, HERE IS A LIST OF EQUIPMENT THAT I REALLY. I like Linn, Lexicon, Mcintosh, Theta, Krell, Mark Levinson, Wadia, Rega, ADA, Elan, Dynaudio, B&W Nautilus, Classe, Thiel, Crestron, Pioneer Elite, Def Tech, and many more.
  • mantis
    edited September 2002
    and thats about it really..............damn No Rotel or Lsi's on that list.
    Dan
  • liv4fam
    edited September 2002
    I might add polk to the list when I do the Polk vs. Thiel and Classe vs. Rotel. Should be a good comparison.
  • mantis
    edited September 2002
    Theil 1.6 vs Lsi 15's............the lsi 15's have better bottom end and seem to be slightly clearer even without the better quality amp driving them in Classe.I don't think Rotel can hang with the detail of the Classe..maybe in head room Rotel might have a chance but these 2 amps /pre's are on different levels.

Back to the Theils....for 2400.00, the Theils would be better suited to go up against the Dynaudio Contour 1.3se's...then there would be a closer price point and a smack down of Theil.

Overall the Lsi 15's could hold there own at retail of 1740.00 against a 2400.00 1.6 by Theil..........They both are fantastic sounding speakers.
    Dan
  • mantis
    edited September 2002
    One day I would love to step up to a great pre amp and amp such as the Classe.
    Dan
  • mantis
    edited September 2002
    Theil is another one of my favorite of all time speakers
    Dan
  • mantis
    edited September 2002
    then again I want to walk the path..of lsi and Rotel for now
    Dan
  • mantis
    edited September 2002
    After all is said and done who knows what the future will bring.
    Dan
  • mantis
    edited September 2002
    I know whats downstairs waiting for me.......
    Dan
  • mantis
    edited September 2002
    And I think I'm gonna go down there and relax to some soft sounds
    Dan
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited September 2002
    I like Toshiba DVD players very much. IMHO they have excellent picture quality. I have had one of the earliest Toshiba DVD players (SD2008) since 98. It still works flawlessly and has a picture quality comparable to many of today's models. An interesting note is that this player actually decodes DTS. Very unusual for a player of this age. None of the manuals mention this. I have considered uprgading but as I said the picture on my Sony 32" is very good with the Toshiba and others I have looked at aren't that much better. Now if I decide to get HDTV I will have to get a progressive player and Toshiba will be on my list followed closely by Panasonic. I almost got the new Toshiba SD4800 just to get DVD-A but that can wait too.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • TroyD
    edited September 2002
    TROY, HERE IS A LIST OF EQUIPMENT THAT I REALLY. I like Linn, Lexicon, Mcintosh, Theta, Krell, Mark Levinson, Wadia, Rega, ADA, Elan, Dynaudio, B&W Nautilus, Classe, Thiel, Crestron, Pioneer Elite, Def Tech, and many more.

Hmmmmmmm......I don't see RBH, Polk and Yamaha in that list.

BDT
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited September 2002
    Yeah and I like Edgarhorn speakers and Cryus Brennan amps. I don't own a boat anchor.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited September 2002
    It's a great player and a great deal if you can get it for under $600, but then with the new technologies now offered on the new player, this monster now is a little out of date...
  • HBombToo
    edited September 2002
    the dv-47A and the new marantz look very good to me... But how do we know if the chroma bug has been fixed?
    ***WAREMTAE***