RTE series

Options
caseymou
caseymou Posts: 327
edited September 2002 in Speakers
Just received some RTE35's in the mail sat and was wondering why they say RTE series on the grille plaque? My RT55's don't say anything like that. I don't see any obvious differences except the 35's are light (birch?) and the 55's are black.
Post edited by caseymou on

Comments

• nascarmann
    nascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited September 2002
    Options
    You must have received some fakes...........:(
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!
  • mark g. nelson
    mark g. nelson Posts: 134
    edited September 2002
    Options
    They are models made for european markets. I'm not sure really what is the diff. Call polk
  • mark g. nelson
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Also where did you buy these? Crutchfield had some RTE 55's Last year, But I've never seen the 35's for sale.
  • caseymou
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Bought from an individual in Pa (Audiogon listing). Any seconds on the European version theory?
  • nascarmann
    nascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Yeah...I think I remember something about the Euro version. Also have heard about some being bootlegs too.....
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!
  • caseymou
    edited September 2002
    Options
    You are kidding about the bootleg thing, right???
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited September 2002
    Options
    A month or two ago there was a set of RTE55's for sale and when I called Polk about it, they indicated that the E was for Export, in the case of the speaker I called them about, it went to Canada. Specs are all the same as the standard RT line, just with a special little letter there for ya.

Enjoy!!!
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • mark g. nelson
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Your probably OK on those speakers. A co worker of mine has 2 pair of RTE's . They are out there just enjoy them. Also that light birch finish was only available on the RTE's. It's a little lighter then the maple that was available with the RTi's.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited September 2002
    Options
    DUDE,
    I wanted a pair of RTE series back then,they where all woodgrain like the rti's are now.I liked the way they looked so much better then the regular rt's.

They made the entire rt series in E as well then It was before the rtxxxi's came out, and when the rt's where out.I don't remember a rte300p though.....I like they skiped that model.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.