XBOX 360 - No Availability still?

polkatese
polkatese Posts: 6,767
edited March 2011 in Video Games
It seems the same stock issue still going on. I thought MS supposed to take care of the supply issue last month?

There are places on the internet who claimed to have stock, but the bundling price came with games that may or may not be on anyone list.

Anyone bought an XB360 this month paying the barebone price? (i.e. $299 for Core and $399 for Premium)
I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
Post edited by polkatese on

Comments

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited March 2006
    I looked last night and couldn't find one. I want to get one and get the new Ghost Recon. :(
  • polkatese
    edited March 2006
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited March 2006
    Check this out,

http://bensbargains.net/xbox360/xbox360.php

It looks as though Circuit City has a bundle with which you can remove the games. Check it out. Really, at this point, I would just get a bundle. Resell the games on ebay once you are done playing them. There are only a couple 360 games that I would totally regret owning. The rest have been pretty outstanding so far.
  • Demiurge
    edited March 2006
    I have become one picky **** when it comes to games, so I want to avoid the bundle package. Right now I just want Ghost Recon. :D I'll continue the hunt tonight as I have nothing else planned.
  • polkatese
    edited March 2006
  • Shizelbs
    edited March 2006
    Do the damn thing.
  • polkatese
    edited March 2006
    on my to buy list: Battlefield 2
  • Shizelbs
    edited March 2006
    IMO, GRAW is far, far better and more fun than BF2
  • polkatese
    edited March 2006
    really? thanks for the heads up, Shelby! is it out? are you done with yours and ready to unload?

*my paypal is ready when you are* ;)
  • Shizelbs
    edited March 2006
    No, its not out for the 360. I bought it last year for the PC. I can sell that though if you are interested.
  • polkatese
    edited March 2006
    thanks for the offer, but I rather wait for the 360 version. I am getting into the bad habit of collecting games for PC and not playing it. I have both Battlefield 1942 and Vietnam. I thought they were decent.
  • Shizelbs
    edited March 2006
    polkatese wrote:
    thanks for the offer, but I rather wait for the 360 version. I am getting into the bad habit of collecting games for PC and not playing it.

You and me both man. I have a ton of great PC games to play, but the draw of the controller and gamerpoints always wins over a mouse and keyboard.
  • Demiurge
    edited March 2006
    Jesus Tap Dancing Christ....they don't have the in-store pick-up for the units in this area. :mad:
  • Shizelbs
    edited March 2006
    Hey Demi, buy the 360 and we'll stop hijacking your threads. :)
  • Demiurge
    edited March 2006
    I wish my threads would get hijacked. ;)

I = Thread Killer.
  • Shizelbs
    edited March 2006
    Can you at least buy it online and have it shipped?
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited March 2006
    Can't you order it online and have it shipped to a store near you?
  • Shizelbs
    edited March 2006
  • Demiurge
    edited March 2006
    Impatient. I will go out tonight and look. Then do that if I don't have a choice. I'll call around first.
  • Shizelbs
    edited March 2006
    FWIW, when I go out, I can't find any consoles in store. Then again, I live right around Xbox HQ, and I think the demand is a little higher around the epicenter. I could be wrong though.
  • howie777
    howie777 Posts: 357
    edited March 2006
    I was just in Costco and they had a bunch there (premium + controller + a game). I saw some at Circuit City on Sunday (5 premiums, 4 core). And there were a few Core systems at targets, and best buy last week. I think they will be easy to find in 2-4 weeks.

Howie
  • Demiurge
    edited March 2006
    Got skunked at 4 places tonight. I'm going to give another shot tomorrow since they lady at one of the stores thought they'd get some over night.
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited March 2006
    Good luck Demi, **** and I are getting better at GRAW...so you are behind the 8ball so to say!!
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited March 2006
    polkatese,
    I wanted to get the Xbox360 for my son(not to mention I wanted it) at Christmas time. They where sold out as fast as it came out. Then it was offered here in the Flea Market and I had the chance to buy it. The wife didn't want me to get it just yet due to the killer amount of money we just spent on Christmas shopping etc. So I waited some more and it started to bother me. Certain stores got a few in but only core systems. I have no desire to own a core system. The HD system is much more worth the extra 100 bucks it costs. So I waited some more. I few of my friends own it and told me all about it.As cool as it is, there isn't much to play on it. Just by looking at the current game selection, this is true. I play Mechassault all the time and the xbox360 can't play that title along with many others from the orignal Xbox. You have to download all these patches just to get the damn games to play. That sucks even more. I didn't plan on keeping our orignal Xbox and adding in Xbox360. But even that I'd be somewhat ok with. I don't know if you can have 2 xbox systems with 1 on live account. At one time we had 2 xboxs to run system links and some of my friends and my sons friend would play here in my house.

After all that CC just released that they have some. I got off work and CC is right around the corner. I pulled up in there parking lot with full intent to buy the Xbox360 and I thought about it for a minute. I desided to go home without it.Why??

I have decided to wait awhile. I still completely enjoy the quality of the orignal Xbox, the game look great. There are many of them and I still play Mechassault on live daily. I have a huge group of friends on there that we all get together and play. I'm also hoping that Microsoft will start shipping 360 HD units with all the nessary patches so you can run your favorite Xbox titles in it. Playstation 2 didn't need patches to run playstation 1 games. But why this one needs it is ok but at least include the most popular games. Mechassault ruled the live gamming and was #1 for years. Game of the year and everything. Why no patch for that is way behond me. If that patch was avalible, I would own the 360 right now.

If you don't plan on waiting to own it, don't get a core system. It's now worth it unless you plan on connecting to a non HD tv.Even then to me is still not worth it.

Good luck man,

Dan
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • polkatese
    edited March 2006
    Dan, what's up? I actually already owned a 360 since Christmas (it was Christmas present for my son), and we've enjoyed playing it on the HD bigscreen. We have two games so far: COD2 and PDZ. COD2 is THE game, we enjoyed so much, played it till the end. It was a true Christmas present for him and me, since we were able to spend quality time. The next game that I am looking at is Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfare. If you are on the fence on 360: don't! go get it. It is a fun box, not to mention MP3 streaming interface to my HT. Cool box!
  • Demiurge
    edited March 2006
    XBox 360 + Ghost Recon is mine. :D:D:D:D
  • polkatese
    edited March 2006
    PS3 launch is delayed to November '06. It's going to be a repeat of XBOX 360 release all over again, with units sold at record prices on ebay.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20060315/D8GC2VJ0I.html
  • Demiurge
    edited March 2006
    Since I am lazy, what are they projected to sell for?
  • polkatese
    edited March 2006
    you know, I don't think they even have price projection yet. Interesting...!
  • Shizelbs
    edited March 2006
    Its all speculation at this point, but they are supposed to be either very expensive to the buyer or to Sony (as in they'll take a huge loss per console sold) or a combination of the two.