:lol:
***WAREMTAE***
Post edited by HBombToo on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2002
    Bowers 802's vs a Bose surround set.

Hmmm, how did the unemployed Aaron state it? 'Apples to Zuccini?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited August 2002
    Yeah, Saturday I listened to some Martin Logans driven by a Mac 240. This sounded much better than my buddy's Aiwa 5.1 in a box system. I guess this whole 5.1 is a scam by the manufacturers to get our money with another format change.;)
    Make it Funky! :)
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited August 2002
    Over the weekend I wired my clock radio up to my 7 channel outlaw and connected the bose cubes in a 2 channel scenario with 28 guage wire. For depth and I ran in series a pair of radio shack 2" speakers hung on the wall with tacs and coat hangers for emi and noise reduction. All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What was I thinking when I bought all my Polks for an HT system??? 5.1??? I'll stick with shack!
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited August 2002
    will my technics ctr channel spkr give me good imaging when hooked to a krell? i have read good things about krell, but I'm not sure it will allow me to experience the full "you are there" effect I get when hearing the Survivor tv show thru my technics ctr channel.:eek:
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited August 2002
    krell, and bose make a great combo, the bose grills fly off like a frissby wend the krell is cranked up, man what power they have, you talk about audio heaven, bose puts out a great big loud noise for the golden ear guy.
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited August 2002
    Boy and the hits roll in
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited August 2002
    C'mon Dan, you know you want to get in on this!
  • STUFFMD
    STUFFMD Posts: 381
    edited August 2002
    Yes but I see another part of this story..........in case you guys don't listen to free online radio stations, the RIAA just had congress close down a lot of them (the radio stations). I just started listening to these radio stations about a year ago when I got cable online service. These radio stations exposed me to a lot of music that I had not heard before..I could not find the music locally but went out to amazon .com and found the items I wanted....I bought music (because) of the online services that are no longer there, now they are gone because the Riaa knocked them out of business and I no longer have that avenue to explore new music I can't get locally because the radio stations suck in Columbus.and I am sure where your at.
    On the other side of it I recently bought a MD recorder player for recording/burning music online because of 2 reasons.... 1.) lets face it there are only one or 2 good songs on most CD"s these days, who wants to pay a fortune for a whole CD when you can buy the 2 songs you like and 2.) the quality of recordings these days has not cought up with times, some of them down right suck, even the sacd and dts/dolby recordings. This has really become evident since I upgraded my system recently....very few good recordings out there.................I listen to it on my MD at lower quality but am more pleased with the sound overall. I guess I don't expect as much or notice recording problems and don't feel as screwed over because I didn't plunk down as much green.
    The recording companys have not improved there recordings..well....f**k em...I'll adapt and stil find a way to get the music I want.
    Sorry I 'll get off my soap box now..........
    Peace StuffMD
    Your system is only as good as your weakest component...!

OnkyoTX-DS 797
    NAD C270/ Mains
    Mains: LSI9's
    Center: Cs400i /Biwired
    Rear: Fx300i
    Rear Center:CS 245i
    Dvd: Onkyo DVS 555
    Vision RCA 36" Premiere Series
    Bang & Olfsen RX Turntable
    Psw 350 Front/Psw 202 rear
    Kimber Cable 4TC Mains HF
    Monster Originals/Center
    Kimber Interconnects
    Monster XP Everywhere else
    PS2/Gamecube
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited August 2002
    here is one that is left,

http://radio.limbiksys.org/index.php
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.
  • STUFFMD
    STUFFMD Posts: 381
    edited August 2002
    Thanks Joe,
    StuffMD................I also got on Music match, it's $10 a month but it is an awsome service, worth a look.
    Peace
    Your system is only as good as your weakest component...!

OnkyoTX-DS 797
    NAD C270/ Mains
    Mains: LSI9's
    Center: Cs400i /Biwired
    Rear: Fx300i
    Rear Center:CS 245i
    Dvd: Onkyo DVS 555
    Vision RCA 36" Premiere Series
    Bang & Olfsen RX Turntable
    Psw 350 Front/Psw 202 rear
    Kimber Cable 4TC Mains HF
    Monster Originals/Center