Any recommendations for 5ch or 7ch amp that can be found for $2000 or less?

DAlba
DAlba Posts: 124
edited August 2002 in Speakers
What do ya'll think?
Post edited by DAlba on

Comments

• HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited August 2002
    www.outlawaudio.com

model 770 is a 7 channel, 200Wrms/Chn

Its a good box and I'm a very happy owner.
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited August 2002
    I've never even heard of Outlaw........they been around long?

Just curious...........I too am looking to upgrade my receiver.
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited August 2002
    I really don't know the history of the company other than you can only buy their products on line. I looked at many different amps from a cost and spec standpoint and found them accidently while surfing at work.

They have a 5 year warranty and I have ha 0 problems with them or the box over the last 4-5 months. I saw a review on their receiver and it seemed pretty good but it missed the on screen programming which is important to a rookie like me.

Good luck in your search brettw22.

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited August 2002
    I'm running a Pioneer Elite VSX-37TX receiver and M-10X amp for the rear channels. Check the specs and I think you'll be impressed. I got mine for a lot less than the the MSRP.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/Pioneer/CDA/HomeProducts/HomeProductDetails/0,1422,676,00.html
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    edited August 2002
    IN MY OPNION THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE.....
    I call it Rotel.....RMB1095...200 x5 all channels driven and comes in at 1999.99.Can and will driven some of the most difficult speakers.you need to go here this one.
    If thats to far out there and you want to save a buck or 3???try the RMB1075 120 watts all channels driven and also can drive difficult speakers.....
    Both amps are stupid killer man.........
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • DAlba
    DAlba Posts: 124
    edited August 2002
    OK, I think I will wait on new Pre Amp for now so how about budget of $5000. The Integra Research amp and pre-amp has cought my eye. But how would you compare the Integra Research (Balanced Audio) to Krell, Cinepro and others out there?
  • mantis
    edited August 2002
    It doesn't,
    Krell rest on top of the world in amps,Cinepro I think is going out of bussiness,And I never got to listen to there **** for a long period of time.

This level of amps are not needed to run Polk speakers,you can if you want ,but I think you'll be more then fine in the 2k price class and under.

Every step up in level of amps indroduces a level of sonic clarity not able to be achived at a lower price point.
    Amps in the 5k range in up are so deady acurate and powerfull with unbelievable headroom,It makes it harder to compare.The speakers mated to the amp is what compares these beasts.At that level really one isn't way better then the other.Krell might be the best of the best,but other amps might mate better with a given speaker.
    Dan
  • mark g. nelson
    mark g. nelson Posts: 134
    edited August 2002
    Go with the Rotel. They are unreal amps for the money. I have a 1075 now, and will get a 1095 for the theater room I'm building next year. I'm also looking at the Rotel 1066 PRE/PRO for that system ($1500.00).
  • SPEAKER7
    SPEAKER7 Posts: 355
    edited August 2002
    Mark g. nelson

just wondering if the prices for the Rotels are in US or CDN
    prices?

thanks!

dc.:lol:
  • mantis
    edited August 2002
    Us prices,
    I love that amp I love both of those amps..........actually I like all of Rotels amp all there current amps are really nice.They look awesome in silver.......so does the rsp 1066 which I will own as well.
    Dan
  • SPEAKER7
    edited August 2002
    thanks M,

too bad it wasn't 1500.00cdn....... I guess it will be about 3000.00 cdn...........I guess I'll keep my eye's open and keep on saving for a while.....I haven't check out the prices for the Rotels yet because I'm not even close to making a dent in purchasing yet and also a good pair of higher end speakers that will have to go along with it. I do hear that the Rotels are great amps and are reasonably priced/exactly what you have mention ......and I definitely know (MANTIS) you will be giving a home to one very soon.

I need at least 7000.00-8000.00 cdn to get my 2 channel system up and running. It will not be easy so I'll try to be patient and let you (Mantis) get the first hand trial and error/testing/feed back.

dc.:)
  • mantis
    edited August 2002
    I got one and want a bigger one
    Dan
  • SPEAKER7
    edited August 2002
    I can almost see the end of the rainbow..........a little further to go.

I guess you have found yours!.......it must be nice!

dc.:p