How long will the Lsi line be around?

begbie
begbie Posts: 630
edited August 2002 in Speakers
I've been reading up on them for about a year. How long will their line-up continue? 2 yrs? 4yrs? What's been Polk's trend?
It'll be a bummer if you build your system one piece at a time and then Polk discontinues their line-up before you complete the Lsi line.
Polk Rt800i -Fronts
Polk cs400i -Center
Polk fx500i -side surrounds
Polk rc60i -rear surrounds
Onkyo TX-NR 1009 (9.2) receiver
Velodyne cht12
Polk psw111
Post edited by begbie on

Comments

• LiquidSound
    LiquidSound Posts: 1,261
    edited August 2002
    My question is, what will the next series of lsi's be like. I bet they will be magnificent. Polk doesn't strive to always come out with a new next style for the sake of looks. They've shown this with the incredible steps of the rt line. They find a good thing, and stick with it. Call up Polk and ask how long the last intsallment of the rt line has been for sale. That will give you an idea.
    Anyway, onsidering how incredible the reviews have been, they should be around for a while. The lsi 15's recieved yet another great review by mantis here.
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's
    Sub - Spiked Velodyne Cht-8 On Spiked Landscaping Stones

"If you could put speakers in a needle, I'd never see him again..." - My Girlfriend
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    edited August 2002
    Yes I agree,
    I feel they will be around along time to come.I don't see any need at this time to try to improve anything about the Lsi line..........But yes I have told a lie.....COLOR MAN COLOR...that black is ..welll I don't like it,cherry is real sweat but I think they need to offer more like rosewood,Walnut,Maple,Silver and white,and any other custom wood color anyone could want or need to blend in with there decor......Thats what I thinkPolk should work on in this line.......And one other thing......bring back the effin carpet spikes from the rt line with the thumb wheel's.......I hate the carpet spikes on the Lsi's they suck.you gotta get under there to adjust them.I'm a tweaker and it takes me hours/days/even months of dickin with them in order to get them exactly right.The Lsi carpet spikes make it difficult.I liked my rt10000p's spikes ten times better.
    Thats all I don't like about them....period
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • begbie
    begbie Posts: 630
    edited August 2002
    Mantis

Yeah, i'm not into the ebony either but how do you like the cherry color? I've seen the lsi15's at the local hi-fi shop and I feel their too light in color. I've seen a few digital photo shots which seem to show a deeper rich look. That's what I prefer.
    Polk Rt800i -Fronts
    Polk cs400i -Center
    Polk fx500i -side surrounds
    Polk rc60i -rear surrounds
    Onkyo TX-NR 1009 (9.2) receiver
    Velodyne cht12
    Polk psw111
  • LiquidSound
    edited August 2002
    Wow...silver lsi's would be my choice in a heartbeat. A classy silver with light streaks of dark in it. Also a nice deep blue. I'm even picturing a tye dyed version for the dead heads. heh.
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's

"If you could put speakers in a needle, I'd never see him again..." - My Girlfriend
  • mantis
    edited August 2002
    Now you guys are talkin....we need to address this with Polk.You know the center and rears only come in black?????how boring...Come on Polk we need more colors!!!
    Dan
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited August 2002
    polk going to have a hard task to out do the lsi-line, but they are going to work hard at it, and will have something better in the future. but it will be a long time i think.

the next thing i think they are going to have is a real good sub.

i hope
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.
  • mantis
    edited August 2002
    Yes they need an Lsi caliber sub..and in colors man pretty colors
    Dan
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2002
    All is well and good with the LSi....but I'm waiting for the triumphant return of S-freakin-D-A......
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited August 2002
    All is well and good with the LSi....but I'm waiting for the triumphant return of S-freakin-D-A......
    Hopefully they'll use the LSi drivers....

Aaron
  • saganized
    saganized Posts: 59
    edited August 2002
    Originally posted by mantis
    And one other thing......bring back the effin carpet spikes from the rt line with the thumb wheel's.......I hate the carpet spikes on the Lsi's they suck.you gotta get under there to adjust them.

Good post, Mantis. I experienced the same thing, though propping them up on one side while making the adjustments helped. After that, just minor tweaking was necessary.

One BIG problem though...a few spikes bent!! :mad: I wonder if Polk would send me about 5 more, since it's likely they'll get worse? Do bent spikes matter, as long as things are nice and level--and stable?

Anyways. I love the cherry, too. And I finally got rid of the old monster Bush entertainment center, in favor of a Bell'O (AVSC-2051MC). The new A/V stand is very easy to assemble, and simple in its looks. Nothing complicated about it, and I like that.

Next I hope to get a 32" Sony WEGA. Ahh, isn't debt a wonderful thing?
  • LiquidSound
    edited August 2002
    A revamped set of SDA's with lsi drivers. I'd trade a vital organ for a pair.
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's

• MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited August 2002
    they need to have the color of piano glossy black...man that'd look awesome...heck while their at it make the drivers green...lol...and the tweeter blue...LOL!
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • saganized
    edited August 2002
    Originally posted by ATCVenom
    looks good. What cables are you using for those pups?

Thank you, ATCVenom. The pic isn't very good; it doesn't really do them justice. They're without question the best loudspeakers I've ever owned. Mantis wrote them up well, and I can't add much to what he said, except that I'm enjoying the heck out of my Pure Moods series CDs.

I'm using an older Carver HR-752 receiver with Monster Z2-R biwires, with banana plugs at the speaker. I'm thinking about Mantis' earlier suggestion to use spades, though, so the cables will lay nearer to the floor.

At the receiver, I had to use Monster Flex Tips, trimmed down a bit and "wiggled" into the receiver's snap fittings (unfortunately, Monster doesn't make an angled pin connector for the Master Tips).

I found a distinct, positive improvement after switching from the standard, clear-jacketed Monster Cable. It was worth the extra cost.

Thanks again.
  • saganized
    edited August 2002
    Close...California. :( I got the Z2-B's for $199.95 through an outfit called OneCall. No tax, free shipping. (Forgive me, I called them "Z2-R's" earlier; that was wrong.)

I'm also using Monster interconnects (Interlink 250's); they were $24.95 for a package of 2 through the online military exchange catalog. They also made a pleasing difference in sound. :)
  • jdelan
    jdelan Posts: 244
    edited August 2002
    Originally posted by saganized

Next I hope to get a 32" Sony WEGA. Ahh, isn't debt a wonderful thing?

Dude! You need to get something. That TV is so small...My eyes hurt just looking at it!