QUICK! Money not an object...LSi25 or LSi15

2»

Comments

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited August 2002
    Given the proper setup of these speakers they cannot be beat for twice the price, powered or not.
    I'll agree that the LSi9 (which I've heard) and LSi15 (which I haven't heard) are quite possibly the best speakers for the money, bar none. This is, of course, assuming that you like their sound. However, to make a broad and sweeping claim that "they cannot be beat for twice the price" is ludicrous. Reviewers like to use this line a lot, and they're full of it. Is it really so hard to believe that there could be a product, with the same value factor as the LSi's, but at a significantly higher price point (say, twice the price)? I'm sure there are products that cost twice the price of the LSi's but sound worse, but you also have to consider the opposite. Max, I'm not trying to pick on you here. This has been something that I've been thinking about for quite some time, and I just needed to get it off my chest. Ahhh....much better. I love forum therapy!

Aaron
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited August 2002
    "Twice the price" is maybe overstating it, but I think I appreciate what madmax is saying. They did really sound great that day (which was the first time that I had really heard the 25s perform in demo), and were really impressive.

Troy got me thinking about the 25s vs the 15s, and now I want to A/B them. I am really sorry we didn't get a chance to do that.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited August 2002
    the receiver at the great indoors was a onkyo 989 so that was not bad. they had the mks running on a denon 5803 receiver. just the bookshelf (lsi-7) where in a bookself they where way to far apart, on the lsi-15 i should have pulled them out in the room a little, they where to far apart to. next time im just going to take the time and set them up the best i can.
    i know that the lsi-15 will sing with a good amp and pre-amp
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited August 2002
    on the price of the lsi-15 it would be dam hard to beat for the pair, and i thank would be the same with the lsi-9 to.

you can not go wrong buying the polk lsi line.
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited August 2002
    OK it's all over I will make my post on the Lsi 15's.......
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited August 2002
    OK it's all over I will make my post on the Lsi 15's.......
    Yeah, yeah, you kee saying that. I think the storyteller has writer's block. :p

Aaron
  • DAlba
    DAlba Posts: 124
    edited August 2002
    I wonder if I am going to miss my RT5000 system. I am not concerned with the RT3000p vs LSi 15 and Servo 15 but more the CS1000p vs LSiC and FX1000 vs LSiFX. For movies these speakers absolutely ROCKED!