a revelation.....

TroyD
TroyD Posts: 13,077
edited August 2002 in Electronics
Hey, my carvers got 2 separate channels....man, you know what that means??? I got DUAL MONO amps, I mean I got 'em connected to separate speakers, right?

Man, why didn't someone tell me that before? You guys are REAL pals. Making me think I just had a regular old amp.

BDT
I plan for the future. - F1Nut
Post edited by TroyD on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2002
    Cool, I just tried it and guess what, IT WORKED. Just say it to make it so, now my Carvers are dual-mono too!!!!

This is GREAT, Ima go make my Onkyo receiver dual mono now, be right back....
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited August 2002
    I thought dual mono was when you hooked up two phono players to your system, one to the left channel input and one to the right channel input, thus creating stereo.....:confused:

Aaron
  • TroyD
    edited August 2002
    If you say it is, than it must be.

BDT
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited August 2002
    UUUUUUMMMMMMMM,
    are we all that dumb???
    A dual mono amp has 2 power supplies and dual caps for each channel.That is how my amp is.
    I assume some dual mono amps use only 1 cap per channel,but MY ROTEL uses 2.
    Why don't do research my amp and learn for yourself before you go in here posting bull **** like that.
    I though we where over giving out Wrong Info.....sounds like you guys are not.

THE GREAT AND POWERFULL STORYTELLER
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • mantis
    edited August 2002
    God,
    can't a guy just like his gear without everyone trying to kick it?

GRANDMASTER STORYTELLER
    Dan
  • RuSsMaN
    edited August 2002
    Never fear Mantis, we've all read the manual on your amp, and are awaiting a reply from Rotel tech support as we speak (type).....

Nothing personal, just a few of us are amazed that such a light-weight, and low(er) power design would be a dual-mono, thats all. If it is, it is, regardless, we should have confirmation tomorrow from Rotel.....

Cheers,
    Russ

The specs are real nice, sounds like a GREAT amp dual mono or not...
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • mantis
    edited August 2002
    Good I will send you a pic tomarrow.

Don't lie to me Russ,
    Just as usual your trying to find a way to prove me wrong.

IT'S EFFIN DUAL MONO....WHAT THE EFF IS THE BIG DEAL ANYWAY.

AND THE LSI 15'S ARE BI WIRED.......IS THAT WRONG 2????

ANSWER ME MY MASTER...I BEG TO LEARN THE WAY.
    Dan
  • mantis
    edited August 2002
    I'm waiting I see you in here
    Dan
  • mantis
    edited August 2002
    how about you Troy?????
    Dan
  • mantis
    edited August 2002
    What are you waiting for..come on give it to me you know you want 2
    Dan
  • RuSsMaN
    edited August 2002
    Dude, take your meds, chill out.

I'm cracking my Carver m400, trying to get a cap count. You've made a statement on caps and xformers, you may or may not have a point. Rotel did not advertize that amp as a dual mono, and they have others, RELAX... don't blow a gasket....

Cheers,
    Russ
  • mantis
    edited August 2002
    Tell you what ........
    I'll make you a deal......leave my posts alone and I'll leave yours alone......and be done with this **** bickering........because If I can't post without getting my face punched in....then I'm out of here.......all **** aside.
    Dan
  • mantis
    edited August 2002
    Heres the effin deal,
    I went to the Stereo Exchange where Mike works and owns that mother Fu**er.
    He told me the amp is nice 60 watts and dual mono.Was kept clean,and sounds way better then all the SADCOMS he had in the store.
    I took the thing home, crackeed it open and saw 2 power supplies and 4 caps 2 for each channel.

You read my posts and think dual mono???not on your f**kin life....I will give it my very best effort to prove him wrong....you must not have anything better to do.....so go ahead..call customer service and give it your best shot.....I 'm sick of it and out.
    Dan
  • RuSsMaN
    edited August 2002
    I just complimented your amp earlier in this post. Sadcoms? I'll take that as a type-o, and not as insult to other members gear.

I know it may seem like it sometimes, but you are not the center of our audio universe online. Lets see, would I rather debate an in-depth topic with a dude that has some experience, or discuss which center channel will match up with Rt25's? I'll take the debate/rant anyday....

Sorry, I don't want to leave your posts alone, some I find interesting. Just a quest for knowledge. No one came out and said 'Dan is full of ****, the amp aint dual mono'. I thought my last reply on the off-topic post was even more civil than usual.....

Once again, no one was punching your face in, just hacking on ya, and trying to learn something. And you brought up some good points (to me) regarding multiples inside the amp. I am hoping that some other members like Chuck (madmax) will have some input in the matter, so I can understand further.

Cheers,
    Russ

Ps, I noticed your amps damp factor, impressive.
  • TroyD
    edited August 2002
    Dan,

No one is doing anything to you.....

Do I think your amp is a true dual mono design? I have serious reservations about it. Do I think you are being dishonest? No, I don't. But in my mind, a true dual mono design is essentially two mono blocks in a single chasis sharing only a power source (which would lead me to ask why not just make mono blocks?) Inherently, in my mind this necessitates that it be fairly large as it is essentially housing two amps and has also got to be able to disapate a lot of heat.

As for the rest of it, I don't always agree with what you say and if I don't I try to do it in a civil respectful way. As far as busting your hump in a good natured fashion, yes I do but there is a lot of that here and no one is exempt or immune. That's just the way it is.

BDT
  • RuSsMaN
    edited August 2002
    Got an email back from Rotel, as follows, word for word:

Dear Russ,

Thank you for your interest in Rotel! Rotel Power Amplifier model RB 960BX provided significant performance in a true dual mono design featuring two power transformers!

Best Regards,

Tim Wyatt
    Technical Support Supervisor - twyatt@equityaudio.com
    B & W Loudspeakers - (978) 664-2870 - www.bwspeakers.com - Fax: (978) 664-4109
    Rotel of America - (978) 664-3820 - www.rotel.com - Fax: (978) 664-4109

///////
    So, for the price paid, sounds like Dan got a KILLER deal...I may have to keep my eyes peeled for this little gem....

Cheers,
    Russ
  • TroyD
    edited August 2002
    Damn skippy, good on Dan!

BDT
  • RuSsMaN
    edited August 2002
    Yeah, too bad he got in such a tizzy last night, and has left the forum... ;)
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited August 2002
    I had dual-mono's once, had one surgically removed a while back so I could be more normal.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited August 2002
    Dude, I don't see what your third-nipple has do with this topic.....

Cheers,
    Russ
  • mantis
    edited August 2002
    Well I'm glad thats over!!!

You guys man......
    Am I defencive????a little.It's a nice little amps.I love it.
    I posted some pics in off topic on 2 different posts..go check them out....I'm no photographer.......I suck
    Dan