Klipsch...

MxStYlEpOlKmAn
MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
edited August 2002 in Speakers
Now ever sicne i joined the message board...i've noticed that you guys hate klipsch...i like klipsch...i just cant stand em on high volumes...lol...newayz why do ya'll like them...dislike them?
Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
I promised myself
No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
Damn you all! - ATC
Post edited by MxStYlEpOlKmAn on

Comments

• jdelan
    jdelan Posts: 244
    edited August 2002
    I dont like em cause it's spelled funny which makes it hard to pronounce.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited August 2002
    Generally, I think you will find (as I stated before) that you either love horns or you don't. I don't particularly care for the horn as it gets very fatiguing, very quickly. I don't like having to concentrate like I'm taking an exam while listening to music.

Having said that, I don't think that Klipsch are 'bad' speakers or that the folks who like them are deaf. We just have different tastes, which is what makes the world go round. Added to that, Klipsch folks, or at least the ones on the Klipsch forum don't have much good to say about Polk either.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited August 2002
    Klipsch - like Polk - is a long term survivor in a brutally competitive industry that has seen speaker makers come and go.

A good friend of mine has Klipsch in his HT, and it sounds very good IMHO. The famous Klipsch horn is exceptionally detailed, albeit slightly bright and forward sounding. It also offers a very wide dispersion, which is nice for those viewers sitting off to either side of the screen. I agree, it CAN be fatiguing on certain types of music, because it is so revealing.

Klipsch are also very efficient, producing lots of volume with moderately powered gear. Definitely a fine choice for HT. For dedicated 2 channel purists, maybe there are better choices.

Doc
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS