Denon 3802 and plenty of polks

BDuChane
BDuChane Posts: 7
Bought a Denon 3802 and am looking for advice as to how to best hook up my Polks. Own 2 rt1000i for fronts, cs400i for center, 2 fx1000 for rears and 1 cs245i for rear center. Currently systems sounds great, but looking for other methods of hook ups to test.

Thanks,
Bryan
Post edited by BDuChane on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited August 2002
    I would run a Bi wire cable to the mains...meaning speaker level to the sub, no jumpers and to the highs/mids.
    Also Bi wire the center,and rears.The Cs245i just run the same series wire as the rest of the system.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • elsid88
    elsid88 Posts: 38
    edited August 2002
    How are those f/x1000i's vs. the rt1000i's. Do they work well in HT and music? Just curious I have the 1000i's and the f/x500i's. and I like, but I was looking at those f/x1000i's for surround but thought that the mains would be overshadowed by the surrounds perhaps. More so in a music environment ie.. 5/7ch stereo.

Just curious.

Tom...

Oh, this is the worst-looking hat I ever saw. What, when you buy a hat like this I bet you get a free bowl of soup, huh? Oh, it looks good on you though
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited August 2002
    Hello Bryan,
    Thanks for posting on the Forum. While the CS400i and the f/x1000 have bi-wiring capability, the RT1000i don't, for them a simple right and left speaker wire connection unless the receiver has un-filtered right and left pre-amp outputs), leaving the binding post jumper plates in place.
    Regards, Ken Swauger
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2002
    Originally posted by Kenneth Swauger

While the CS400i and the f/x1000 have bi-wiring capability, the RT1000i don't
    Regards, Ken Swauger

Interesting read.....
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited August 2002
    Interesting read.....
    Ahahahahahaha!

Aaron
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2002
    I felt a 'nanner nanner nanner' coming on, but I am refraining....
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited August 2002
    I'll follow this post throughout the weekend to see waht happens!
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited August 2002
    Bryan, welcome to the forum! Awesome setup- u have the same exact 6.1 setup as mine except I have the fx500i's (just could'nt justify the expence of the fx1000's). What subwoofer and moniter are u running with it?
  • BDuChane
    BDuChane Posts: 7
    edited August 2002
    vyledyne cht12 and hitachi 53" hdtv. still no suggestions on how to best hook up these polkies?
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited August 2002
    still no suggestions on how to best hook up these polkies?
    Quality speaker wire!!!!!!
    Sometimes there is not a BEST way in HT. What sounds best to u is sometimes better. If it isnt broken theory.
    I have tryed lots of different tweaks with my setup and nothing sounded better than my original setup.

Single wire to all my polks - all set to small - leaving my sub's to handle all the lfe. I would use the L/R preouts for the mains but I would have to buy 2 more 20' sub cables. Running my mains and both sub's off my lfe, one to the other. No complaints with me. Sounds awesome!!!!

:cool:
  • rlightfoot
    rlightfoot Posts: 87
    edited August 2002
    Mantis:

Is there such a beast as a bi-wire cable? I'm running the monster superflat to all speakers, but would like to experiment with bi-wire. Can you buy a buy wire cable? Where?
    "I want to change my username to Gordo, but Club Polk won't let me"
  • mantis
    edited August 2002
    Just about if now all wire companies make them.
    Dispite what Ken and everyone else says...I feel using this type of cable makes the powered towers sound there best.

Using a bi wire cable weather it's true bi wiring or not........again souds the best.......I could repeat it again.....

For starters Monster makes 3 different kinds....
    1)MCX bi wire cable
    2)M1.4s bi wire cable
    3)M2.4s bi wire cable
    Sigma retro might make one 2 but I never seen it just the 2 conductor.
    I have owned and still own number's 1 and 2.
    If theres a Tweeter near you, you can go check them out.
    I feel if your going to use this type of cable on your centerchannel,Id also use it on the mains.All the same length.
    The benifits might be smaller then the usual type of bi wiring.But I heard a big improvement over all the ways to wire the powered tower.
    If you do a search, you will fins countless posts from me about what I have found and did with powered towers.....I have the rt1000p's...there up for sale...I think there sold but today will tell.
    Good luck with your wire journey...it's a fun road.
    Dan
  • mantis
    edited August 2002
    Once again,
    I'm not going to say it's right or wrong.......I thought it sounded better, and thats all I needed then!!!!:p
    Dan