All things automotive?

RuSsMaN
RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
edited November 2010 in Custom Fabrication
I've got a 'car' question, kinda seems like the 'On the Move' section should have a 'General Auto' sub forum, no?

A place to talk shop regarding wheels and tires, suspension mods, body work, fuel systems etc.....

Thoughts? Keep it all in the clubhouse?
Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
Post edited by RuSsMaN on

Comments

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2005
    I like the idea. I'm not so much a car-audio nut as just a car nut. I love to "talk" cars.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited December 2005
    Outstanding idea!

We have several extremely talented and knowledgable people on here and Im sure could help lots of shadetree mechanics figure things out.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited December 2005
    Yes, Ive lost track of messing with cars with all the home audio stuff... Id love to start talking/working on cars again.. be a good info section, and then Jstas could correct all of us misinformed car nuts :D with the correct answers as usual..

No long as it didnt turn into a cluster F@#%K of no im right, No its this way type garbage and just offer idea's / suggestions...
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • RuSsMaN
    edited December 2005
    Nine?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited December 2005
    do you mean nein?

i like this idea because i never ever go to the clubhouse... and i like cars...
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited December 2005
    I like the idea myself as I'm a member at Acura-TL.com, BIG Bobistheoilguy.com and AcuraInspired.com. So I would love to see other Club Polk members who love cars also.

Steve

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited December 2005
    Where have you been hiding Steve?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• RuSsMaN
    edited December 2005
    He's been in communication, just not publically. ;)
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited December 2005
    Automobiles suck....I prefer feet....and the eventual blood.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited December 2005
    Yeah, right. That's why you had to pry me away from the Audi 1.8T at Polkfest. Ima dig a ride in that thing, sooner than later - mark my words.

Poser.
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited December 2005
    Sounds fine by me.

BTW....Anyone going to the Chicago Auto Show? I'm counting down the days! :D
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • disneyjoe7
    edited December 2005
    F1nut wrote:
    Where have you been hiding Steve?

Sorry,

Lost trying to get my www.DVRBlackBOX.com off the ground. A device that works between 4DTV C-Band and TiVo or Replaytv DVR.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited December 2005
    cmy330go wrote:
    Sounds fine by me.

BTW....Anyone going to the Chicago Auto Show? I'm counting down the days! :D
    hey, thats a good idea! when is it?
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • cmy330go
    edited December 2005
    neomagus00 wrote:
    hey, thats a good idea! when is it?

Open to the public Feb 10th - 19th.

http://www.chicagoautoshow.com/

EDIT: Long live BMW!!!!
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    edited December 2005
    I don't know how great of an idea this is.

You people will argue about absolutly everything and this just offers another place for more fighting fodder and misinformation to spread because nobody researches thier arguments. They go on what they think they know and everyone gets all flustered and pissed off because no one is right and everyone refuses to see the other side in any way other than wrong. Even if it is right.

Then they all call each other big meanies and such and it degrades from there. These people can't even talk about audio and keep it civil and now we want to introduce cars? I have never seen arguments get more ugly, knock-down, drag-out brawls than silly **** over cars fueled by ignorance and blind brand allegiance...it borders on brand bigotry much of the time.

If this is wanted, I won't stand in the way but I can feel my "hated by everyone" and "big meanie" status increasing already and the forum doesn't even exist.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • faster100
    edited December 2005
    JOHN, and i mean this in the most civil way (after all its the holidays)

your one of the number one ring leaders who start the big brawls, because although i'l admit it seems you know about cars/trucks.. you can't possibly know everything and because you know about cars/trucks doesnt mean what other people experience is less then the truth or fact. Like our little thing, if i say something say like putting a V-8 in an S-10, your first smart **** comment is, Yeah put 400lbs on the front of an already heavy truck!!

Not "well although that would be cool, maybe he should try this or that"..

Keep it civil and so many people wouldnt start a big fight with you or anyone else, and yes i havent kept it civil either.. but we should!
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • cmy330go
    edited December 2005
    I don't know what you're all concerned about. Everybody knows that BMW is the best. It's just a fact. :D:D:D

Seriously though. He does have a valid point.

But it still has my vote. :)
    HT

2 CH
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    edited December 2005
    Shut up already, I don't care who starts what, when, where. it takes two to tango and it's morons like you, faster, that insist on prolonging things long after they have worn out thier value and welcome. Quit crying about it and get off your hard on for me. You are only making yourself look like the fool that you are.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • faster100
    edited December 2005
    blah blah blah, that's what i hear from you.. leave the freakin forum then. Like i said, on ya like fly's on stink :D your worthless and a blowhard so keep overcompensating.. I don't care what it "makes" me look like.. Its a internet forum and i could care less...
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • Skynut
    Skynut Posts: 2,967
    edited December 2005
    I just wanted to vote No, just use the Clubhouse and get over yourself, putz! just for the hell of it.

Sorry.
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Panamax 5510 power conditioner (for electronics)
    2 PSAudio UPC-200 power conditioners (for amps)
    Front L/R RT3000p (Bi-Wired)
    Center CS1000p (Bi-Wired) (under the television)
    Center RT2000p's (Bi-Wired) (on each side of the television)
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

www.ShadetreesMachineShop.com
    Thanks for looking
  • RuSsMaN
    edited December 2005
    Apparently we just aren't ready for it yet. Oh well.
  • Skynut
    edited December 2005
    It is all in the phrasing of the question.
    When using this "No, just use the Clubhouse and get over yourself, putz!" as an option it just make it too tempting to say no just for fun.

I say yes, how do I change my vote.
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

Thanks for looking
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2005
    I thought about asking to chang my vote too (to no!)....but given this thread....I'm sure it's a moot point.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Skynut
    edited December 2005
    Then we cancel out.
    All is good again.
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

Thanks for looking
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited December 2005
    Why have a forum dedicated to car talk when John already knows everything there is to know about cars - we should all just PM him with our questions...

:D
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited December 2005
    Yeah, Russ has a great idea and a great thread so Mr. Ray-O-Sunshine has to come in and spread his usual cheer. speechless-smiley-034.gif

I say bring it on. I think it would be a very valuable resource for us here. Hell, we have a forum for virtually every other subject, why not automotive?
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Skynut
    edited December 2005
    There is alot of combined knowledge here and many questions could be answered.
    Many people could benifit especially if they are do it yourselfers.
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

Thanks for looking
  • cam5860
    cam5860 Posts: 632
    edited December 2005
    Yeah i also think it would be great idea. I need to learn where my radatior cap goes.
  • cmy330go
    edited December 2005
    cam5860 wrote:
    Yeah i also think it would be great idea. I need to learn where my radatior cap goes.

That reminds me of a drivers ed incident. Our teacher thought he would show the class how to change oil. We were almost done with the demonstration when he was paged for a phone call. He asked one of the students if he could finish by adding the new oil. As soon as the teacher was gone we were all off doing something else while the "privileged" student finished the job. Upon return he found about 3 quarts 5w30 in his radiator. We all found it very amusing!!! He sure didn't though. :D
    HT

2 CH
  • disneyjoe7
    edited December 2005
    You're kidding right?

If not on top of radiator but have seen one on the expansion bottle.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer