Need help understanding Alpine Type R specs

drew spelts
drew spelts Posts: 310
edited December 2005 in Garage Sale
Ok, I am looking at making my own home sub this christmass break and I need help deciding on some good subs. I plan on making it an entirely sealed enclosure and the speakers can be no larger than 12 inches. I have heard the Alpine Type R's before and thought they sounded awsome. I need this sub to be able to dip down to around 25 Hz.

So I am asking for direction in finding alot of information out about these alpine Type R's including the price i should pay for used pair but that all depends on the model numbers it seems. Also I do not need a model that handles more than 300 watts RMS. Because I will only be pushing a pair with 500 watts at 4 ohms. At least thats the plan. Thanks for your help, Drew
Harman Kardon AVR635
RTi10's Up Front
CSi5 Center
RTi6's Rear Surround
Furman RA-1210:rolleyes:
Post edited by drew spelts on

Comments

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited December 2005
    let's see... for current models, go to www.alpine-usa.com

for example, the SWR-1242D can take 500 WRMS, a bit more than you need - not that that's a bad thing... it retails for $220, and used prices should be about half that... ebay for it NIOB should be maybe $175?? and you want a pair to be at four ohms, so you need the dual-4 model... browsing through their tech center (not very well laid out) should yield the T/S specs...

ebay can provide past models, and the various car audio sites (a short list is at the top of www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/dhuston/audioindex.html)
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs