Speaker cable

Options
I need to buy some cheap speaker cable (a dollar a foot or less) to connect my Technics SA-EX140 receiver (100 wpc) to the passive subwoofer from a Bose Acoutimass 3 Series III speaker system (found for 3 dollars at a garage sale). Both have spring clips.

I was thinking I would get some 12 or 14 gauge car stereo speaker cable. If anyone has any suggestions for size or brand of speaker cable that is $1/foot or less, I would appreciate it.
Post edited by brittan_farmer on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2002
    Options
    Lowes or Home Depot 14awg, should run you $.20/ft or so, and will be more than sufficient for your application.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited July 2002
    Options
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN
    Lowes or Home Depot 14awg, should run you $.20/ft or so, and will be more than sufficient for your application.

Cheers,
    Russ

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • brittan_farmer
    brittan_farmer Posts: 12
    edited July 2002
    Options
    From the sub to my pair of r10s I have some pure links micro reference cable by esoteric audio, so I thought I might get some street wires cable, which is made by esoteric. Either that or some monster cable XP cable. I will need a pair of 6-foot lengths. Right now I'm using 18 gauge wire that probably came with the Bose system.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited July 2002
    Options
    Sounds like you already know what you want then.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • brittan_farmer
    brittan_farmer Posts: 12
    edited July 2002
    Options
    I just want to know if anyone knows of better cable than what I have in mind.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited July 2002
    Options
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1367438783

There ya go, more than enough 'beef' for your application, and factory terminated with pins....

Cheers,
    Russ