Sony Wega 27 inch Tv ?

VinnyP61
VinnyP61 Posts: 28
edited July 2002 in Electronics
when watching a movie on Digital cable or DVD when the picture goed darker the right side of the picture sorta moves in then there is a green spot in the right corner..but when the picture gets brighter it is fine.
Does anyone know what this might be thanks
Post edited by VinnyP61 on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited June 2002
    A trip to the repair shop.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited June 2002
    2nd that!!
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • ntculenuff
    ntculenuff Posts: 1,146
    edited June 2002
    kinda sounds like a little de-magnatization...
    Speakers:
    Definitive BP7001sc mains
    Definitive C/L/R 3000 center
    Polk RT800i's rears
    Definitive supercube I Sub
    Audio:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010
    Emotiva XPA five Gen 3
    OPPO BDP-103 CD, SACD, DVD-A
    Video:
    Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
    OPPO BDP-103 Bluray
    Directv x's 2
  • nascarmann
    nascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited June 2002
    Sounds like upgrade time?
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited June 2002
    Sounds like upgrade time?
    27" - yeah I second that. Time to move on up!:cool:
  • VinnyP61
    VinnyP61 Posts: 28
    edited July 2002
    Thanks however all I needed to do was adjust the Horz a little
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited July 2002
    still time to upgrade
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • cookaa
    cookaa Posts: 49
    edited July 2002
    Which 27" Sony Wega model do you have. I am in the market for a 27" flat screen and haven narrowed it down to sony, panasonic, and toshiba. Sony is the only one with the 16:9 squeeze, but there are a ton of reviews that comment on green spots and pink lines. Panasonic appears to have a real nice picture, but some people have said there is a lot of interference on the audio out. Haven't heard much about the toshiba, they have the new model 27AF42 out, but I am not sure what changed since the 27AF41. Any recomendations based on what you found would be great?
  • seaslug
    seaslug Posts: 23
    edited July 2002
    I've got a Sony KV-27FS17 in the bedroom, and it is an excellent set. The picture is fantastic, and the 16:9 enhanced mode is great for anamorphic widescreen DVD's. This is a 2001 model, but there are still plenty to be had on the net and in retail stores. The going rate (retail) is about 650 bones these days, and you can also get the KV-27FS13--which is the same set, minus the 2-tuner PIP--for 100 bucks less. You're going to pay more for a Sony than you will for a Panasonic or a Toshiba, but in my experience, the picture quality, reliability, features, and user-friendliness justify the extra cash.

Oh, and one more note. I always recommend purchasing the in-home extended warranty for TV's. At Best Buy, for example, this will run you about 70 bones, but you will have 5 years of peace of mind. I had a 27" Philips blow a tube after only 10 months once, and in addition to having to carry the darn thing to the service center, I had to pay a $140 labor charge even though the parts were still under warranty. With the in-home extended warranties, the techs will come to your house, and everything is covered--including the labor (provided you bought your warranty from a reputable dealer!:)). Just my two cents! Happy hunting!
    "Je pense, donc, je suis." -- Rene Descartes
    "The unexamined life is not worth living." -- Socrates