Placement 800I

VinnyP61
VinnyP61 Posts: 28
Hi
I was wondering if anyone has there Speakers pointed towards each other slightly. I have mine that way because if they were straight out the left would be pointed straight at the wall. Thanks
Post edited by VinnyP61 on

Comments

• GuitarheadCA
    GuitarheadCA Posts: 400
    edited June 2002
    Yes, I do have my speakers "toed in" slightly. I need to, because they are really far apart, and doing so strengthens the center image. I have them on the long wall of my room, so I'm closer to them they they are from each other.

GuitarheadCA
  • STUFFMD
    STUFFMD Posts: 381
    edited June 2002
    Hey Vinny,
    I have my 800's toed in as well. If you read in depth into HT setup you should point them on an imaginary line to the spot you will be setting most of the time (the sweet spot). Toe them in too far though and you start having imaging problems with music. One other thing I just did that made a sizeable difference in blending sounds was measured the distance of my mains and pushed them up in front of the TV so they are the same distance as the center from my sweet spot.
    Peace, StuffMd :u )
    Your system is only as good as your weakest component...!

OnkyoTX-DS 797
    NAD C270/ Mains
    Mains: LSI9's
    Center: Cs400i /Biwired
    Rear: Fx300i
    Rear Center:CS 245i
    Dvd: Onkyo DVS 555
    Vision RCA 36" Premiere Series
    Bang & Olfsen RX Turntable
    Psw 350 Front/Psw 202 rear
    Kimber Cable 4TC Mains HF
    Monster Originals/Center
    Kimber Interconnects
    Monster XP Everywhere else
    PS2/Gamecube
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited June 2002
    mine are strait ahead olny caues i cant turn the right chanel and i dont want it to come in contact with my rack or tv stand my 800i are 63 inches apart and 18 in from the wall
  • ntculenuff
    ntculenuff Posts: 1,146
    edited June 2002
    have mine toed in towards the center where i sit my ??? and watch movies...creates nice imagery...
    Speakers:
    Definitive BP7001sc mains
    Definitive C/L/R 3000 center
    Polk RT800i's rears
    Definitive supercube I Sub
    Audio:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010
    Emotiva XPA five Gen 3
    OPPO BDP-103 CD, SACD, DVD-A
    Video:
    Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
    OPPO BDP-103 Bluray