mounting r15s

Options
carnivalemp
carnivalemp Posts: 6
any suggestions on mounting the r15's?
they are not flush with the wall because of the wire terminals.
If i simply mount them with the keyhole and a screw they will not sit flat.
Post edited by carnivalemp on

Comments

• Jargan04
    Jargan04 Posts: 10
    edited June 2002
    Options
    I have the POLK R15's , I think I can help you. Are they going in a corner or the flat part. i have mine in a corner and used some small corner shelf's and make sure to use extra screws so they were strudy. Go to a local Lowes or homedepot and find some small shelfs and use those. This is a guy that gaes by the name RON-P, go to his website http://home.earthlink.net/~peregrinefalcon , and look how he mounted his surround speakers. Also try asking him what he used. It looks like metal pipe and ends. Hope this helps.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited June 2002
    Options
    Cut the drywall where the wire hits, run the wire inside the wall for a clean look,drywall is very easy to fix.Use the keyhole slot with a drywall anchor and screw.Best way to hang small speakers.
    get your cutting on
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited June 2002
    Options
    sorry,
    if you need tips on running wire I can help.I can give you all the cool tricks needed to run the wire inside the walls of an exsisting house.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited June 2002
    Options
    It looks like metal pipe and ends.

Exactly, 3/4" Galvanized pipe from Home Depot along with surface-mounting plates. Works great and cost is less then $15 for both. I'm all about the budget.

Here's the underbelly
    SurroundMounts.jpg

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • carnivalemp
    carnivalemp Posts: 6
    edited June 2002
    Options
    thanks a lot for the advice. I think I am going to go with the corner shelf option.
  • Jargan04
    Jargan04 Posts: 10
    edited June 2002
    Options
    Just make shure before you put you speakers on them that, they and good and stable. Mine hold no problem, are you goin to run you cable throught the walls? I ran mine down the inside of the wall and out around the baseboards of my room, unless you look very good you can't see any of my cables. I only did that because my system is in my room, because i'am only 16.
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited June 2002
    Options
    Use a little earthquake putty to hold them inplace. Works great, it's cheap, won't damage speakers and can be had almost anywhere.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.